[ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches, Dimmers, Fans, Outlets, and Plug-Ins

Your device is still using a DTH. You can’t change the driver from DTH to Edge with the API Browser+. You need to uninstall and reinstall your device to pick up an Edge driver. If you are using a custom DTH, you’ll need to delete it from via the IDE before reinstalling.

2 Likes

Oh thanks for clarifying. I didn’t realize that since a lot of my existing switches were changed to edge driver on their own. I also have these devices linked to automations, I don’t want to lose those or mess them up by removing and re-adding. Is it possible to change them to use edge driver from CLI or groovy IDE? I will go ahead and uninstall and reinstall it if there’s no other way around it.

I created a virtual device and added it to any routine that used the device I needed to uninstall to keep Routines from being deleted.

1 Like

Any tips for setting up Association Group 3?

I’ve got 2 other Jasco switches I’d like to control with double click. But some reason only one of them works. I’ve double check the two digit Hex ID and it’s correct. It doesn’t work individually or comma delimited with the one that works as intended. Not sure what to try next at this point.

Thanks!

There are only two ways to convert from DTH to Edge

1. Wait (and hope) that it is done automatically as part of migration. That’s why some of yours are already changed
  2. Fully remove and reset devices individually, remove any custom DTHs they were using, then add each device as if it were new. As suggested by @h0ckeysk8er, you can preserve routines against deletion by adding a virtual device.
1 Like

@philh30 I have a recently added ZW3010 that is scene capable and acting strange and wondering if you have any advice/debug suggestions. It is not registering button presses, and sometimes does not update its state in ST after manually being switched on/dimmed/etc… Refreshing in ST on the device always updates the state.

I tried swapping it to the built in edge driver and back to your drivers, tried killing the power/rebooting the switch, no change, also rebuilt the z-wave network - no change.

Any ideas what might be going on here? The switch was added with secure/encrypted Zwave. I have several other ZW3010s that are working fine with your driver.

UPDATE:

I compared the misbehaving switch to one that works using API Browser, and I found the following differences:

In β€œStatus” for the bad dimmer:
|Component|Capability|Attribute|Value|
|main |button |button |null |
whereas on the functioning one, I see a value here (down_hold) which was my last button press.

In History I see no button events.

Both switches use β€œdeviceProfileName”: β€œge-dimmer-scene”

–glen

First thing to check is whether the hub node is assigned to the switch’s association group 1. That’s usually the cause when the only problem is that the device isn’t sending updates to the hub when physically toggled. If you’re also having any trouble controlling the switch to the app then it would point to a communication problem.

1 Like

Thanks Phil for the quick reply! I’m not sure how to check the value for association group 1 on the switch… but I can tell you that the hub is receiving changes when physically toggled, just not all changes. For example. When I turn the light on manually, I can see the change to on in ST, but not to off. When I change the dim level, I see only one intermediate state change (not the final dim level). Its behavior is definitely odd, but it is communicating with the hub. I can always reliably set the device from the app/routines.

@philh30 would your Zwave Explorer tell me anything useful? I’m worried about losing my automations, but I’m about ready to delete and re-add the device anyway, so might as well give your utility a whirl. Or, would you recommend any other debugging steps first before I make a drastic change (logs/etc.)?

Either create a dummy virtual device or use another real device as a placeholder in your Routines so they don’t get deleted.

Either the Z-Wave Explorer or the Z-Wave Associator should have what he is looking for. Post screenshots from both :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, using the Smartthings CLI for this device I see that it is associated with the device ID for my hub:

Main Info
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Label Upstairs lights
Name ge-dimmer-scene
Id c1541f4d-8924-4239-8dc3-9394c5e05f6c
Type ZWAVE
Manufacturer Code 0063-4944-3235
Location Id 1cd95593-fafe-40ba-8a41-1c633ee8812c
Room Id f23d1702-751f-431d-8d9b-86d068151644
Profile Id 43258f10-d32e-31f3-a034-0de2cd194f49
Capabilities switch
switchLevel
button
refresh
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Device Integration Info (from zwave)
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Network Id 33
Driver Id 5ad2cc83-5503-4040-a98b-b0fc9931b9fe
Executing Locally true
Hub Id 68c59191-e758-44b1-b648-c5a84d4b5f69
Network Security Level ZWAVE_S2_AUTHENTICATED
Provisioning State PROVISIONED
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

If you need it, I’ll run the additional utilities in your Channel

@philh30 - Any thoughts on this?

Seeing this error with this driver installed when attempting to set fanSpeed.

2023-04-23T14:58:32.098069238+00:00 TRACE GE Z-Wave Switch/Dimmer/Fan/Outlet  Received event with handler capability
2023-04-23T14:58:32.131211946+00:00 TRACE GE Z-Wave Switch/Dimmer/Fan/Outlet  Z-Wave command(7b54a90f) queued for radio transmission: CC:Switch Multi-level, CID:0x01
2023-04-23T14:58:32.133186238+00:00 INFO GE Z-Wave Switch/Dimmer/Fan/Outlet  <ZwaveDevice: cfb26775-06db-4cd2-b0e9-6b12b0d78eac [3B] (Bedroom Fan)> received command: {"args":{"speed":1},"capability":"fanSpeed","command":"setFanSpeed","component":"main","positional_args":[1]}
2023-04-23T14:58:32.135273571+00:00 TRACE GE Z-Wave Switch/Dimmer/Fan/Outlet  Found CapabilityCommandDispatcher handler in ge-zwave-switch -> Z-Wave fan 3 speed
2023-04-23T14:58:32.139459905+00:00 INFO GE Z-Wave Switch/Dimmer/Fan/Outlet  <ZwaveDevice: cfb26775-06db-4cd2-b0e9-6b12b0d78eac [3B] (Bedroom Fan)> sending Z-Wave command: {args={duration="default", value=32}, cmd_class="SWITCH_MULTILEVEL", cmd_id="SET", dst_channels={}, encap="AUTO", payload="\x20\xFF", src_channel=0, version=2}
2023-04-23T14:58:32.140529946+00:00 ERROR GE Z-Wave Switch/Dimmer/Fan/Outlet  Bedroom Fan thread encountered error: [string "st/dispatcher.lua"]:233: Error encountered while processing event for <ZwaveDevice: cfb26775-06db-4cd2-b0e9-6b12b0d78eac [3B] (Bedroom Fan)>:
    arg1: table: 0x21e6000
[string "st/dispatcher.lua"]:233: Error encountered while processing event for <ZwaveDevice: cfb26775-06db-4cd2-b0e9-6b12b0d78eac [3B] (Bedroom Fan)>:
    arg1: table: 0x21e6000
[string "zwave_fan_helpers.lua"]:43: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value (local 'duration')
2023-04-23T14:58:32.247790071+00:00 TRACE GE Z-Wave Switch/Dimmer/Fan/Outlet  Z-Wave command(7b54a90f) transmit status: TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_OK

Just to close the loop for others watching this issue. I resolved it by deleting the device from ST, did a factory reset (3xUp, 3xDown), and re-added.

Before I did that, I took a snap of Zwave Explorer – the device did not look normal:

After reset:

Im having nothing but problems since Smartthings mass delete debacle… Now when I try to re-add the GE Fan switch, it adds using the DTH and not the edge driver. It doesnt respond with the old driver and cant switch to new driver.

@philh30 the Dim Up/Down Rate in the Settings seems to be for the dimming commands that are sent from the hub. However, it seems there is another configuration parameter 10 that governs how the switch behaves when dimming locally at the switch.

Would you be able to implement this in Settings so that I don’t need to change drivers to a zwave tweaker as (EDGE Driver-Mc): Z-Wave Device Config Mc to set this?

What device(s) do you have? My GE/Jasco dimmers (fingerprint 4944-3038) and motion/dimmers (fingerprint 494D-3034) both have settings for Z-Wave dim rate, manual dim rate, and All on/off dim rate.

My devices are ge-dimmer-scene GE/Jasco dimmers 4944-3235 ZW3010 #46203 paddle and 4944-3237 ZW3011 #46204 toggle

Different models have different features. Parameters 9 and 10 were used on older (non Z-wave Plus) dimmers to control manual dim rates. The driver implements them for the devices that have them. I’ve never seen anything claiming that they’re present on the newer models.

Here are a couple resources specific to your paddle dimmer model. If you’re wanting to experiment with parameters outside of what’s documented for your dimmers then I suggest you use a z-wave tweaker.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3323/configs

Aah, thank you, I probably was looking at an older resource. So it seems like for the dimmers I use that there is one parameter #6, and it only controls the dim rate β€œby command” i.e. from the hub. Local control is not impacted. I guess I could set up a button press routine for single press on/off, set Dim in the driver to Dim Quickly, and that would achieve the desired effect?

1 Like

Thank you philh30!
Installed as you instruct, then switched controllers on that switch specifically from within the SmartThings app and it was working again! Alexa updated immediately.
I have a GE enlighten fan toggle switch.
Even better, before I’d have to say β€œfan 30” to get low, now I can say β€œfan low”!

1 Like