ST Automatically adding unknown devices

My smartthings keeps automatically adding a number of hue bulbs and an unknown sensor to my list ( i do have a number of hue bulbs, but these are not mine nor are they recognized by my hue hub). I delete the devices and after a short time they reappear. Is there anyway to prevent these unwanted additions?

[quote=“timothyk, post:1, topic:68999, full:true”]
My smartthings keeps automatically adding a number of hue bulbs and an unknown sensor to my list ( i do have a number of hue bulbs, but these are not mine nor are they recognized by my hue hub). I delete the devices and after a short time they reappear. Is there anyway to prevent these unwanted additions?
[/quote]How do you connect to your Hues with SmartThings, through your hub, correct? You’re not doing some crazy connect directly to some and some through hub thing? In the ST app, go to Automation, then Smartapps, then go to Hue (Connect). Are the mysterious bulbs showing up there? If so, I think they’re coming back because ST is rediscovering them through the Hub and adding them back in. I’m not entirely sure how to keep them from coming back, but the better question is what bulbs those are, because if this is happening then your Hue hub is the one that’s actually connected to them and saying they exist.

I’ve had two devices show up this week. I didn’t add them. Reminiscent of the database corruption of old.

1 Like

I added the hue using the normal method through the app, nothing fancy. I do not see these bulbs through my hue hub interface and they are of a different type than I own (white vs the colour version that I have). I am guessing that they might be a neighbors, but how they are getting to my ST list is a bit odd. I only have one hue hub added to my ST list. There is also the other odd device that keeps getting added which seems to have no function.