Spuce moisture sensors gen 2

I just got two Spruce moisture sensors gen 2. Apparently they don’t connect to smartthings without editing the device type. Does anyone have the custom dth needed?

I got the dth from Spruce but when I tried to create it I got the following error.

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script14997193030731462020780.groovy: 1: Invalid variable name. Must start with a letter but was:  . At [1:1] @ line 1, column 1. /** ^ 1 error

what does that mean?

Did you figure this out? My Bluespray controller just died and I’m considering the Spruce. Can you send me the code? It looks like you didn’t get all the code from them, or it didn’t copy correctly when you created the DTH.

yes it turned out to be a copy and paste error on my part, the code they sent works fine

Can I please have a copy of that code? I have 2 sensors to add. Thanks!

Pretty cool. I bought and received a couple late last week. It seems to take a few days for the moisture level to equilibrate, but so far so good. I use Rachio for my lawn and will plan to integrate with IFTTT. Would be great if I didn’t have to use IFTTT as the middle man. I’d love for there to be a more direct integration. I’m using one of the sensors for a large indoor planter with sub irrigation so I can be reminded when its time to water. Pretty slick product. I plan on getting a few more as long as these show reproducible and accurate moisture readings.

They can be used with both Spruce Irrigation controller and Rachio through smartthings