SotionCam + Door Motion Sensor Trigger

(Juan Flores) #1

Hello,

I currently have a SotionCam that I have monitoring the living room and has a clear view of the front door. I was wondering if anyone has one of these and was able to get it to work with ST. I want to get a door sensor have it it trigger the camera to record. I currently have a SD Card in it to record any motion it detects but i dont need it to do it when my wife is home. I can set it manually with its app but i would love to avoid doing that every time.

here’s the camera
Amz Link

Since it’s been a while and no one has answered your question, I’ll try and help best I can. What you need to find out is if the camera has API access. Basically, an you send it a command through your network to change the different settings. For example, if your cam’s IP was 192.168.1.15, you might be able to command it using something like http://192.168.1.15/command?motion_detection=on or something. You would have to consult with the manufacturer to find out if that is possible. But there is no native control within smartthings for that brand of camera.