SotionCam + Door Motion Sensor Trigger

Hello,

I currently have a SotionCam that I have monitoring the living room and has a clear view of the front door. I was wondering if anyone has one of these and was able to get it to work with ST. I want to get a door sensor have it it trigger the camera to record. I currently have a SD Card in it to record any motion it detects but i dont need it to do it when my wife is home. I can set it manually with its app but i would love to avoid doing that every time.

here’s the camera
Amz Link

Since it’s been a while and no one has answered your question, I’ll try and help best I can. What you need to find out is if the camera has API access. Basically, an you send it a command through your network to change the different settings. For example, if your cam’s IP was 192.168.1.15, you might be able to command it using something like http://192.168.1.15/command?motion_detection=on or something. You would have to consult with the manufacturer to find out if that is possible. But there is no native control within smartthings for that brand of camera.

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for info, I’ll definitely have to check if the cameras have API access. I know they provide a program to view them on my PC. I’ll have to download and see if I can access them. During the Weekend, I went ahead and purchased a Wyze Cam V2 to see how it does and will probably get the Pan version if this one works better than the two SotionCams I have.

Since this is all new to me, I’m learning as I go… I’m looking to have it record when the front door motion sensor triggers. I plan on setting up our iPhones as a presence device to disarm the motion sensor on the front door when we arrive. Want it to Turn On when we are in within 5mins. I’m hoping I can do all this with ST, I’ll be looking into Webcore as well.