Sonos Notification volume is way too loud

Hi,
I’ve searched and can’t find an answer. I just setup my Smartthings hub and have notifications setup to play through ceiling speakers connected to Sonos Amps, but the volume is WAY too loud. How can I adjust that? I can’t find anything in the app.

Thanks!

Which app are you using… Classic or the new ST app? What are you using to send the notifications… Routines, automations, SHM in the Classic or STHM in the new app or other? What are you sending notifications for? (Asking in case we can recommend something better)

I think I’m using the new ST app (version 1.6.41-349 on my iPhone. I’m using automations to detect when a door is unlocked and then send notification via the speakers.

Not sure if this will work but you can try it. In your Automation before you send the announcement to the sonos speaker, you can add —> control device, select your Sonos speaker and set the volume. Then have the announcement sent to it. Then add another action to control the Sonos speaker and set the volume back to what you want it.

Just a thought,

There is an option in the code when the audioNotification used to set the volume, but somebody has still not included it there. The playTrack has option to define the volume, but it is not included in the Automation builder.

@Brad_ST, @jody.albritton would be possible to include this feature in the next version of the v3 App?

When the notification sent to a Sonos or any audioNotification device, it would not just offer the language and male/female option, but the volume of the announcement.

1 Like

FAQ: how to tell which version of the SmartThings mobile app that you have

Thanks @jkp but that did not work. It sounds like GSzabados is on to soemthing with the issue. The automation builder needs to allow setting volume levels. This is a real bummer as I’m completely blocked from sending announcements throughout my house. My wife, toddler, and 3 month old won’t tolerate the loud notifications. It freaks the dogs out too.

You can use the BigTalker Sonos mod what I have posted in the other topic.

If you have access to RBoy apps you can also check out this app which lets you control the volume for custom spoken notifications on Sonos:

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.