Soma Smart Shades (HTTP API) Device Handler HELP required!

Hi @rfus76

I’m glad you got it working. Please let me know if you find any bugs or quirks.

I changed the icons to garage door icons (similar to many of the other third party DTH for blinds) as there is no “partially open” shade icon but there is one for garage doors. You can look at the top part of the patch below to see what you need to change to switch back to shade icons:

Regards

Peter

Wanted to just say thanks to everyone who contributed to making this work. I stepped out on the ledge waiting for my Soma Connect and went ahead with the raspberry pi option. 2.0.12 code fresh install showed all my wifi APs with their MAC addresses instead of the SSID. Would never join the wifi straight up. Soma support gave me the login to the Pi install, so I configured the wifi manually and with the help of this group, now have my Single (growing to 9) Soma Shade 2 automated. thanks to all in this thread. For those in the same situation, the answer to the question you’re asking is Username: pi, Password: SOMAConnect1

1 Like

I’m glad that people are finding the code useful!

Can those of you (eg. @Hodgy55 @rfus76 etc) who are using my DTH report whether or not they are getting regular “A network or server error occurred. Try again later” errors when using the “new” SmartThings app despite the command actually working and followup events appearing? I’m struggling to understand why it’s occurring for me and need to know if it’s specific to me or my DTH code…

I’ve been using it on the new app since I installed
The only issues I have are the following
The icon shows up as a switch not blinds
And I get the network error only when using the momentary button
From the homescreen the power button doesn’t operate the blinds that would be a nice thing if it could on for open and off for closed
Other than that its great and I cant begin to tell you how greatfull I am

1 Like

Hi @rfus76

Which icon are you talking about which shows up as a switch? Can you post a screenshot?

That is really odd. I have no idea what is causing that, and they are showing up with the correct icon for me. I’ve got some code updates coming soon, so maybe try a git update tomorrow and see if it’s still occurring.

Not specific to you. I get that error in the new ST app as well.

they show up with the switch icon for me as well. On and Off seems to think it’s powering on and off the shade, so I set the Dimmer level in commands to set the desired height.

SmartThings has to be one of the most frustrating development environments I’ve ever worked with. I can’t figure out why you’re getting those icons as they correctly show as Blind icons for me in the new App. I’ve deleted my smartapp, cleared the cache, and reinstalled the smartapp and no luck reproducing the issue.

I don’t know if it makes any difference but have you “migrated” from the old app yet? (I have).

I never used the old app, but if there is a process I haven’t done to my account to “migrate” I haven’t completed it. Looking now.

Interesting. I just downloaded and logged into the Classic app for the first time, and the shades do show as garage doors in the classic app.

Also don’t get the Network time out error in the classic app when controlling the shades.

1 Like

OK. Well, pull the latest code from git as I’ve just committed a fix to the battery calculation algorithm as well as a few other small changes.

Yup… The garage doors are specific icons which I’ve defined. The new app ignores all the tiles definitions and based on some fuzzy logic (which is not yet properly documented by SmartThings) decides which icons to use and indeed which controls to display. Frustrating doesn’t begin to describe it…

After git update, no network timeout in the “new ST” app. Was able to open, close, and set position with the dimmer without receiving the error.

1 Like

Why can’t I find where to input the IP address on the code … ?

Hi @p_t
After initial setup of your Soma system you shouldn’t need the mobile App for this to work at all. Just configure the IP address if your Soma Connect in the SmartApp and everything should “just work”.

Is there a way to connect Soma shades without Soma Connect Hub ? I want to use an unused phone for BT Hub . Is This possible ?