SmartThings Community

Solar Generation Monitoring

That was it! I understand now why you were doing it this way. I never actually approved my own API key to be authorized to my system. I did that and now everything works.
Thanks so much. Not sure what I’m going to do with it in my system now, but at least it’s there and working!

(Andreas A.) #42

Since the linked code for local access to the envoy seems to no longer exist, I took a stab at this

(Austin) #43

Hi Ron,
I am having difficulty adding my system to ST. I think (and hope) I am just pasting the API info in the wrong spot. Can you please take a look and advise?

Thank you,
Austin

(Austin) #44

(Austin) #45

(Ron) #46

@AB4 you are not putting your preference values in correctly. Notice that the values are blank and the log says “Null”.

You just changed the “Labels” to the values. So undo that change. Past the code without changing it at all.

Then edit the device preference either in the IDE or in the android/iphone app to enter your system key, id and userid.

(Austin) #47

Bingo! That was it.

Thank you!!!

(Jimmy) #48

How long did it take for your api authorization to work? I added my dev api to my system and am still getting “Not authorized to access requested resource” error when testing via the html. Or did a screw something up with my setup below?

(Ron) #49

@prjct92eh2 From your screen shot looks like you configured wrong. You API settings says your user id is 4e54XXXXXXX but you entered that value into system_id and not user_id.

looks like you used your ST community user_id as your configured user_id which is wrong. Change that to the 4e54… number and find your system id and enter that correctly.

My system id is a 6 digit number. I bet yours is also. When you login to https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/login your system id will be in the url after you login.
https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/systems/{your system id should be here}/arrays?range=today&view=energy_production

(Jimmy) #50

That did the trick! Thanks!

(John) #51

I’m not sure if you got this connected by now. If not you can get one of these and attach the current transformers in your panel. I like seeing the instantaneous output, rather than the 15-20 minute delay in the app. I used to have an electric vehicle and would charge my car during peak rates of my system was generating enough power. Since I had almost no peak usage, my excesses would get credited back to me against my off-peak so I figured it was the best way I could stick it to them and have my car charged sooner.

(Todd Bevans) #52

So interestingly enough, while perusing amazon for enphase products, I discovered that they sell a zigbee repeater