SMC Zigbee Devices (Xfinity Home)

Has anyone had any success with these sensors?

http://www.openhome.io/device?categoryId=50

I have a couple of the sensors I can donate to anyone who knows how to device program for Smartthings. Looks like the zigbee library is available online to write the proper code for it. I would do it and share with everyone, but I havenā€™t a clue on how to program :frowning:

I have access to visonicā€™s installer pdf documents now but I have no idea how to program the coding for these sensors either. I did ask them today how I could get their sensors to work with other home automation hubs. I am awaiting their response.

I have some of those sensors that are listed on the website already but they wont sync even though they are zigbee protocol. The centralite devices do connect though without too many issues.

I offered to help @Wolfram with the coding assuming we can get some communication going with these devices and ST. Can you post the installer pdfs? Iā€™m sure theyā€™d help too.

Drop Box Link for pdf installation guides

Now these guides cover different frequencies but the ones I have are 2.4GHz and even the install guides say other frequencies can be ordered based on needs. Not sure if these will help but it may get us one step closer to getting these to work. When i looked up the specs for the 2.4GHz SMA sensors I keep seeing that they are zigbee protocol.

I found this chip info when taking apart one of the visonic clips i have: Skyworks Chip This is also a pdf of the other chip next to the skyworks: EM357 Chip

You should have the 2 sensors any day now. They both have temp sensors in them as well. Good luck with programing for these. If you can get these 2 to work, I bet the other sensors in that line up would be easy to get working too. Water leak, Garage doors, glass breaks, Motion curtains and more all zigbee!

I didnā€™t check the mail yesterday, but Iā€™ll definitely get it today. Already got a bunch of batteries. Iā€™ll have a little time tonight if theyā€™re in there to get started, but most of the work will probably be this weekend. Iā€™ll keep you postedā€¦fingers crossed!

Awesome. I wonder if there are others working on these sensors as well that can chime in on what kind of sensors they are playing with and if they had any progress.

I have a SMCDW02-Z sensor I bought from Amazon.

It pairs just fine with the hub, but the status does not update. By default, it just shows up as a generic Zigbee device.

I have tried configuring it as several device types in the IDE to no avail. The sensor does not change states.

I have emailed SMC to see if they could provide the Zigbee codes and/or provide a device type for SmartThings. I will update accordingly.

I have been talking with smc as well. They were going to look into what hubs could work with there zigbee sensors. Hopefully I get another email back with some good news. I did tell them I was using a st hub when they asked what I was trying to use the sensors with.

@Wolfram sensors arrived, but I canā€™t get the ST hub to detect them. Even as ā€œUnknownā€, just nothing. Any tips for getting the Visonic seniors to register?

If it is the window magnet sensors good luck with that. I couldnā€™t get them to be detected in any way either.

1 Like

What zigbee channel is your hub using? Thatā€™s the only thing I can think that might cause one hub to see these and others not. @Wolfram sent video of his connecting, but I havenā€™t been able to get mine to.

My hub is using channel 14 for zigbee.

I hate to put a damper on things but I received this email reply from visonic.

Russell,

The SMA sensors only work with specific panels used by certain cable companies for their own installations, so it will not work with the Smartthings hub.

Regards,

Curtis Jay / Technical Support Team Leader

I hope he is just saying that because they sell these to cable providers but I donā€™t know what we can do to try and force them to work.

My hub detects these sensors, My hub is using Channel 15 for zigbee devices. If you can figure out how to change zigbee channels, try chan 15

Iā€™m on 14 too. Maybe support can force me to 15thā€¦

if they change your channel i wonder if you will need to repair your other sensors? (assuming you have other zigbee devices)