SmartTiles won't open/close garage door?

garagedooropener
smarttiles

(Jim Newman) #1

I installed 2 GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Openers and added them to SmartTiles. I can see their status but can’t open/close the doors. Is this by design, or a bug? Or (heaven forbid) did I do something wrong?

(Stephan H.) #2

See this thread. There are a few more threads on this if you search the forum. Good luck.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #3

Garage Door control is on our feature consideration list for SmartTiles V6.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #4

Garage Door is implemented (and verified by Beta Testers) as working fine in ActionTiles.

Coming soon!

(Glen Kurisingal) #5

When will garage door control be implemented? Or can I get access to the Beta?

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #6

Garage Door control is fully implemented in ActionTiles.

The Beta Program is now closed while we freeze the code for production release … soon.

(Glen Kurisingal) #7

Thanks… look forward to its release.

(Glen Kurisingal) #8

Hi… @tgauchat any word on the production release of the garage door control?

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #9

Yup… will be included in initial release of ActionTiles:

Visit https://www.ActionTiles.com to reserve.

(Glen Kurisingal) #10

Awesome… I’ve signed up. Hope to get invited :slight_smile:

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #11

Everybody who subscribes to the email list will get invited; just not the first day :smile:. The invitation system is just to ensure we don’t get overwhelmed with support questions or can pull-back on the throttle if there is an unanticipated scaling issue or bug that slipped through Beta.

(Glen Kurisingal) #12

Still haven’t revived an invite…

[RELEASE: v6.7] ActionTiles (formerly called "SmartTiles V6")
(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #13

The invite queue is now under 7 days long (and likely to shorten quickly as we are ramping up to full-speed).

If you Subscribed prior to March 9th and haven’t received an Invitation email:

• Please be sure to have confirmed your email list subscription by using the confirmation link in the email that is sent to you almost instantly when you subscribe.

• If you didn’t receive a confirmation, then you used the wrong email address or it went to spam.

• Even if you’ve confirmed, the Invitation itself may be in your spam folder: http://support.actiontiles.com/topics/910-where-is-my-actiontiles-invitation-code/

• We actually force resend the confirmation requests once or twice at most (after several days); since otherwise … we are actually spamming :confounded:

• Please do not report our emails as “spam” or “abuse”, as that could make it more likely for emails to be flagged as spam for other people.

(Jim Newman) #14

Some time back (six months? maybe more?) I found a web article for creating a wall-mounted control panel using an Android tablet or an Amazon Fire (I forget which). The author put a wireless charger in a utility box on the wall, and then the device-side was a flat piece that he glued on the back of the tablet, with a ribbon cable that went to the power input port on the tablet. The tablet was then stuck to the wall over the cover plate of the utility box.

Of course, I neglected to bookmark it, and for the life of me I can’t find it now after fairly extensive searching. I’m interested in this one in particular because I liked the end appearance - mainly, no visible mounting or wiring - although I seem to recall there were a couple small revisions I’d make. But I’d also take a look at anything similar.

Bottom line is that I want to use ActionTiles on an idiot-proof 7-10" tablet that looks like it belongs rather than a bunch of electronics and wires hanging on the wall or sitting on a tabletop.

Can anyone point me to the one I found before, or something very similar? Or suggest some components (such as the charger) that I could hack together myself?