Amazon Echo + GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener

I have:

• V2 SmartThings Hub
  • Amazon Echo Tap
  • GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener
  • Amazon Echo SmartApp in SmartThings installed and activated. Works great on all my lights.
  • Garage door opener device natively found by SmartThings
  • Alex App shows SmartThings Skill active. As noted, works great on all my lights.

SmartThings device page screenshot: https://imgur.com/hTpTADh

When I first got my Echo, and discovered devices, I used to be able to tell Alexa to “Open Garage Door” and “Close Garage Door” - worked flawless every time.

As of a couple months ago, something changed. When I say that Alex responds that “Garage Door Opener Z-Wave doesn’t support that.” I finally figured out I could say “Activate Garage Door” and “Deactivate Garage Door.” that worked for a month or so.

As of last week, I can still use “Activate Garage Door” - but there is nothing I can say that will close it. I always get the “Garage Door Opener Z-Wave doesn’t support that” message.

I’ve tried a lot of things but can’t figure out the fix. I recently changed the “Label” in graph.api.smartthings.com from “Garage Door Opener Z-Wave” to “Garage Door.” - but that’s it so far.

Anyone had similar experience with the Echo ST skill and the garage door openers or any other products? Any tips here?

Thanks.

Use Turn On and Turn Off. Works all the time.

1 Like

Hmm, turn on / off [gocontrol entity name] doesn’t do it.

Other suggestions.