amazon'alexa'echo
echo
hubv2

(Shackrock) #1

I have:

• V2 SmartThings Hub
  • Amazon Echo Tap
  • GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener
  • Amazon Echo SmartApp in SmartThings installed and activated. Works great on all my lights.
  • Garage door opener device natively found by SmartThings
  • Alex App shows SmartThings Skill active. As noted, works great on all my lights.

SmartThings device page screenshot: https://imgur.com/hTpTADh

When I first got my Echo, and discovered devices, I used to be able to tell Alexa to “Open Garage Door” and “Close Garage Door” - worked flawless every time.

As of a couple months ago, something changed. When I say that Alex responds that “Garage Door Opener Z-Wave doesn’t support that.” I finally figured out I could say “Activate Garage Door” and “Deactivate Garage Door.” that worked for a month or so.

As of last week, I can still use “Activate Garage Door” - but there is nothing I can say that will close it. I always get the “Garage Door Opener Z-Wave doesn’t support that” message.

I’ve tried a lot of things but can’t figure out the fix. I recently changed the “Label” in graph.api.smartthings.com from “Garage Door Opener Z-Wave” to “Garage Door.” - but that’s it so far.

Anyone had similar experience with the Echo ST skill and the garage door openers or any other products? Any tips here?

Thanks.

(AaronW) #2

Use Turn On and Turn Off. Works all the time.