SmartTiles Dashboard v5.6.1: New features (SHM), Bug Fixes, Diagnostics - Dec 11, 2015

I just finally got a chance to test a door with a multi on it, and I can confirm it as well.

My other contact sensors (Ecolinks) report the open/close.
My multi is only reporting vibration and temp in the event history.

“Log Level” only affects diagnostic logging; i.e., the level of detail in the output of: http://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs

SmartTiles picks up the Event data history from SmartThings, but if the SmartThings cloud is out-of-sync, it could possibly drop events from the report.

Let’s see if this is a transitory problem; and otherwise reduce it to a confirmed reproducible case that we can raise up to SmartThings support.

Logical… perhaps; practical – no.

SmartThings barely can coordinate and stabilize their own API and a major chunk of their substantial resources are dedicated to the concept of SmartThings as a “Platform” and ensuring interoperability of services.

Working on the integration of two “ad-hoc” Community Developed SmartApps, still both in evolving development, is not a bad idea, but it has pretty substantial ongoing effort requirements, so it really can’t be assigned high priority for us.

1 Like

@diehllane, @elprup, @Spinny and others. I just tested my own app (I’m running the same code as everyone else) and I can confirm that I see all events from my sensors: contact, vibration and temperature.

There have been previous cases of ST cloud servers going out of sync. Let’s wait a bit to see if the problem resolves itself. It usually does. In this case there’s nothing we can do on our end.

1 Like

Hi Cosmin … sorry to hear of the complications. We’re not video stream experts here, but I hope the community has perhaps seen this and solved a similar problem.

May I ask you to copy / paste / move your post to the special “Video Stream” Topic we have open for this category of question? Thanks!

Absolutely… thank you @tgauchat

1 Like

I’m in the beginning stages of trying to get Smart Tiles setup and been working on getting my video stream setup. I figured that piece out I think but the issue I’m having is when I open the dashboard its like I lost all formatting, the background is white and there are no tiles everything is in a list. I tried to create another dashboard and got the same result. I removed the app and reinstalled and still getting same results. What did I do and is there a way to fix it?

Understood. I know you’re handcuffed, but I’ll probably chime in from time to time regarding my own status to provide you awareness. Thank you Alex.

1 Like

This sounds like you’re not picking up the shared standard CSS we serve from a GitHub folder.

If you know how to enable the debug console in your browser (I recommend Chrome for this step), check out the messages. Drop me a line at: Support@SmartTiles.click so we can walk through debugging.

Does the problem go away if you blank out the video Tiles (ie, rename from “http…” to “xhttp…”)?

Did you happen to have quotation marks in a video stream URL?

I was thinking the same thing because video streams was the last place I was before this happened so after uninstalling and reinstalling and it still didn’t work I first cleared out the video stream URL I had and then had saw how you had mentioned you can disable a video stream by changing the http to something else so it’s currently sitting with a value of Xhttp://test. I hadn’t touched it since this morning as I waited for input but I just checked and the dashboard is appearing normal again.

Here’s my first chime: fourth day and the Samsung multisensors still don’t register open/close in the event history. @diehllane & @Spinny, same for you guys?

I am unable to reorder any tiles on any dashboard with 5.6.

I am using Windows 10 Mobile.

In addition, I cannot scroll to the last entry, this next screenshot was taken when dragging the image upwards:

I’d be more than happy to be a guinea pig for any Microsoft Phone testing.

Just want to confirm… You do have the sensor in question added to the dashboard as the open/close tile, right?

We haven’t done any changes around this functionality, and it most definitely works for me. Did you try to refresh the page several times in the row? I don’t know what else to recommend…

We don’t have a windows phone to test ST Mobile app, but sorting works in the Edge browser, at least on a desktop. As a workaround, try to open the dashboard as you normally would, and replace the last URL path /ui with /list. This would give you the same screen to sort the tiles. Let us know if this work for you.

1 Like

I see that he tagged me for an update as well.

Mine is still not working either.

I’m not overly concerned as I rarely go into the Event History.

The open/close works normally, but does not show up in the history. This occurs only for the newest version of the Multi. My EcoLinks work just fine.

Well, you fixed it. I didn’t even have to bring my phone up to your floor. :wink:

Great work around, thank you!

2 Likes

I will find you the next time we need to debug something. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What’s the support for Garage Door devices, such as the Linear GD00Z-4. I have this device and in SmartThings it has the status as well as the button to open or close.
In SmartTiles it is only listed as a contact sensor. I cannot find a way to add a button to open/close the garage door.

I found some posts from earlier versions about custom device types, but those seemed to be from before it was an officially supported device from SmartThings. is a custom device type still needed to get open/close functionality?

Most people use the Open/Close for checking the status and then use a Momentary button for actually opening or closing the garage door.

2 Likes