SmartTiles Dashboard 5.4.2 - July 13 (www.SmartTiles.click)

yeah I’ve tried this @625alex . . . didn’t help, i can refresh it, but then it won’t update, Thanks!

My smart weather tile doesn’t show the correct temperature even with the proper town and zip code in the IDE any ideas on how to fix this?

Is SmartTiles showing the same values as ST Mobile app? If yes, than I can’t help you with that. You may need to contact ST support.

I added the optional zip code in iDE and then refreshed, and the temp is now correct. But there is a slight problem My town Monroe Township, NJ 08831 has the same zip code as Jamesburg, Nj 08831 which is 10 miles away and can have different temperature as high or as low as 10 degree difference. The IDE keeps using Jamesburg, and I can’t figure out how to change that to Monroe Township? I hope I am not confusing anyone. But help is needed.

Joel, you live in a weird country!

If zip code is not entered, then hub’s location is used instead.

There is a way of entering ID of a particular weather station. Search the forum, I can’t remember from the top of my head.

As a workaround, maybe you could move to Jamesburg?

2 Likes

@625alex. I have the same thing. I had to go to the ST app and refresh the Weather tile for the correct temp to show up.

From what I hear, ST schedules are being weird again across the board. I don’t see it with my instances.

From SmartTiles side, nothing changed for over 2 weeks and weather functionality has been stable for months.

Hi Alex, I did not change the tile size for Dropcam. I have one smallish tile that shows the Dropcam tile, and a larger tile that displays the video. I don’t even know how to change tile sizes. I could add a screenshot if that would help.

Thanks!

Ok, PM me the screenshot with any details that would help the analysis.

This might be a unique behavior to your browser.

1 Like

@swindmiller…I also use both @tslagle13’s Hello Home Phrase Director and @geko’s SmartAlarm…and am trying to bring them into @625alex’s SmartTiles. I’m no coder and am reading through your arm/disarm/away apps. Am I correct in interpreting that the apps are really affecting virtual switches that tracks the 4 Phrase Director modes…and then assuming that SmartAlarm will react correctly to the mode changes? I’m anxious about that solution because I had a period where SmartAlarm wasn’t disarming with mode changes.

Do you think there’s a way to more directly call the ARM, DISARM, STAY functions in SmartAlarm while also having a tile that shows the status? @625alex 's PUSH to GET seems to be a solution to use SmartAlarm’s calls, but it works for momentary switches so there’s no “status” display that would show the current alarm status.

1 Like

The new Smart Alarm can work with Aeon Tek MiniMot to arm or disarm.

Yeah as far as I know, SmartAlarm works with mode changes to arm/disarm/stay. I just have virtual switches to trigger those modes and wrote my “dirty” smartapps to switch modes when the virtual switch is flipped and also monitor the current mode in case the mode is changed automatically thru the Home Phrase Detector. Then I just show the virtual switches thru SmartTiles which can be manually triggered or will reflect the correct state if the mode is changed other ways.
Feel free to PM me if you need more direct info. I don’t remember exactly how I have everything setup but can refresh myself if you need better answers.
Scott

I like the idea. How ever my garage door only shows active when it is in the process of opening or closing. If it is in the state of being opened of closed it is inactive.

How did you get yours to show otherwise?

Yup. For me, that’s a good backup alarm remote that I keep in a drawer when ST melts down for me (which it has), but I’m trying to integrate SmartAlarm control into my SmartTiles so it’s really clear and easy for the family and visitors to grasp.

2 Likes

Hello, I hope i didn’t miss anything here but I have a goal to run SmartTiles on an Android Tablet. From what i can see it looks like I cannot use the Foscam videoStream via a browser on android though. Does anyone know if there is a way around that? Also is there a way to do a custom tile that just displays the contents of a webpage?

I have a similar problem with the Dual Relay switches I have installed from MonoPrice. Using a custom device I found here I end up with a tile that says “Switch one” on my Smart things dashboard, I can toggle this and turn off the selected switch or if I want individual control I have to go into the configuration and then I can individual toggle them. In the dashboard it doesn’t get their correct states and I cannot turn them one or off at all. I am looking to figure out a better way to manage these in the near future. I wonder if his outlet is the same sort of issue.

You can do what I did. I have SmartClick dashboard display the Siren as a switch which you can toggle on/off.

1 Like

OK, so I keep running into dead-ends! I am now trying this on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and having zero luck with Flash! I have installed Flash on the device, but none of the standard browsers will work; they all say “Flash not Supported” on the Dropcam tile. Flash is turned on in the browser, and I even tried “Always On” instead of “On Demand”. Once again I install Puffin browser (free, limited version) and the Dropcam feed works fine (well, except for the size issue I had on my iPad).

What are all of you using that supports Flash? I thought it was just stupid Apple products that didn’t support Flash!

It is more than just Apple products that don’t support Flash, almost all browsers are going away from it. I haven’t seen it work on an Android in quite a while, I know there are a few devices out there that are suppose to support it, or you can side load it or some other work around to use it.

I would suggest avoiding Flash like the plague if possible.

1 Like