SmartTiles Dashboard 5.4.2 - July 13 (www.SmartTiles.click)

Someone is finally reading my mind :wink:!

I think it’s definitely possible and was considering throwing my hand into this project by developing and contributing such a module. My experience is a little behind, though, so someone might beat me to it.

Is someone already working on this?

What should the design look like? – Just set of numeric keys in a keypad arrangement with? Digits display or only :eight_spoked_asterisk:'s, or success / fail?

1 Like

Just take an androd/ios pin lock and make something simmilar, a numerica pad and a back button and thats it

1 Like

Like this, but without the emergency call and more “metro” (flat)
The password would be a requirement for changing modes

2 Likes

I want’s planning, but I will if there will be demand.

I will put together my to-do list and post it here so that folk would know what’s on my plate.

When you say “several add/removes” do you mean attempts to add to SmartThings or SmartTiles. The only way to have ghost tiles I can think of is if you somehow manage to delete a device from you account while it is still selected in SmartApp. It takes a serious glitch for this to happen, but it did happen in the past.

If you you remove a device from Smart App preferences, normally, it would disappear from SmartTiles dashboard after the browser is refreshed.

Sensors will show status, but there is some latency. Do you ever see a status change on the tiles? This is some of the core functionality that’s been rock solid for more than a few months.

Please confirm whether SmartThings itself sees the status updates. If SmartThings is not ware of a status change, SmartTiles wouldn’t be aware either.

1 Like

Did you do anything with your location recently? Like changing name, coordinates, Time Zone, anything?

BTW, I don’t think restarting the hub will ever do anything for SmartTiles.

Was it a temperature or was a weather tile?

BTW, how is your weather? Is it hovering around freezing mark by any chance?

I don’t think this is it. The failures are on the back end.

Moving all assets from GitHub to SmartTiles.click is a top priority for me. I just have to figure out my SSL certificates.

The thing I was trying to add was a temperature tile but I think the fault was in the weather tile and it just so happened that I made a change to the dashboard. It would have probably given me the same error with any sort of change to my configuration.

I have other instances of the dashboard that’s working with the weather tile but I’m not touching those for now. As far as temperature, I’m in AZ, getting close to 90.

Do other instances of dashboards use the same weather tile or do you have multiple weather tiles? Did you try to add temperature from weather or a difference sensor?

Could you send me the log error that you get when you add a weather tile?

Thanks

Yep, all dashboards use the same instance of weather tile. I tried to add the temperature from one of my ST multis. Let me see if I can get you a log.

I’m using the “links to other dashboards” shortcut to link to SonoPad, and I’m using the (encoded) URL for my dashboard as the Return URL to click back into SmartTiles when I’m done within the SonoPad app. The problem I’m having is that the URL I got from the ST app is opening my dashboard in safari instead of the original dashboard (which has it’s own shortcut on my home screen) when I click the return URL button in SonoPad.

Any suggestions on how I can configure the Return URL so that it puts me back in my dashboard without opening a separate instance in Safari?

Feature idea: having “baby dashboards” and a main dashboard, so the baby dashboard get a back button to the main one

(Sorry alex, i know you are very busy, its just an idea if you or someone wants to do it sometime)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

I meant remove from SmartThings. Although as far as I know you can’t remove from SmartThings until you remove from all apps, etc. Which isn’t to say as a newbie, I didn’t somehow get creative and achieve the removal from SmartTHings while still selected in SmartApp. Definitely it isn’t selected in the Smart App preferences and is showing up in the Tiles dashboard.

With the sensors it isn’t a latency issue, they always show what I assume is grey/closed. And like I said, lights, switches, thermostats, etc. all show status fine, so I am betting that somehow I didn’t get things set up quite right from the start.

I am thinking the best thing for me would be to delete everything and start over. Since I have the “ghost” tiles and the contact sensor’s not working, what would be the best process to make sure I clean everything out, before reinstalling?

Thanks for any help!

@eibyer there is an issue with Weather Tile on ST end. I have tagged @Jim and waiting for response.

I cannot think of a workaround at this moment. The only option is not to add weather devices to dashboards. If it’s been previously selected it will be fine, only new installations are affected.

1 Like

I don’t know how you managed to do that. You must be very creative.

If they show the correct status in ST mobile app, the same should appear in SmartTiles. Disclaimer: things get screwy all the time.

I’ve done that when I just started. Contact support and ask them to delete all entities and restore to factory defaults.

@625alex Congrats on having SmartTiles.click being featured on Hello, Smart Home!

Ha? 20 characterssss

I just watched the latest Hello, Smart Home video on the ST blog and the couple featured uses a wall mounted tablet with your application on it.

2 Likes

Cool - http://blog.smartthings.com/stories/hello-smart-home-sid-kokil/

1 Like