SmartTiles Dashboard 5.4.2 - July 13 (www.SmartTiles.click)

Send me your logs please.

@625alex Are you planning on implementing valves into the Dashboard so we can monitor our sprinklers?

I am also having the same issue. Remove the weather tile and everything is working again.

If you need my log files let me know,

Thanks

Great tool! Still kind of a newbie here, but do have a couple of questions I didn’t see covered.

1. It took me several add/removes to get an Eccolink Tilt sensor added. I seem to have a couple of ghost tiles from the first two attempts. These residuals aren’t in my things either in the ST app or in the add things - tap to show in the Dashboard config. But they are in the re-arrange tiles and show up on the dashboard itself. Any ideas on where to go to delete these old unused tiles?

2. None of my contact sensors are showing status. Lights show on and off thermostats show temp, but window contacts and the “working” tilt sensor do seem to change open or closed and motion sensors never show motion. The correct status is in the IDE and in the ST app. Is this expected? Do I need to troubleshoot something? Is there some add in code in 263 messages that I missed somewhere to try?

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Are we able to launch another android application from the dashboard? Say i wanted to have a button on my dashboard that would take me to my sonos application, harmony app, etc.

Try this from link from another user…

3 Likes

i got a really awesome setup now thanks to SmartTiles :smile: I got 3 tablets on the wall with a link tile to open spotify, the tablets are connected via bluetooth to my vizio speakers, now i dont have to buy sonos :smile:

1 Like

thanks, sadly that looks iOS specific. any links or ideas for android?

did you set a link to the spotify app, or spotify webplayer? if the app, on andorid or iOS?

It works on android, just tried it, but only opens the app, if you do it on desktop in doesnt do nothing :confused:

the url is “spotify://”

Edit: if you add the url of the song after “spotify://” you can get directly to a song :smile:

thanks! that worked for one of my apps, but not the other. i will have to play around with a few “appname://” variations to make sure i have it right. Do you know of anyway to verify that i am entering in the true app name?

Was just working on getting you the logs and it seems to be working currently. If I have any more problems Ill send them over to you. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

its not something universall, not all apps can do that, you’ll have to test with each one or do a google search :wink:

Mike
Can you think of something you did to get it working? I am having the same error if I add the weather.

Thanks
Matt

understood. i will have to figure out an alternative method for the app in question. you have been very helpful, thanks!

Here is what I did…not sure if any of this is the fix but just so you have the details.

I deleted the smartapp from the ide.
I deauthorized the install version the from smarttiles.click page.
Restarted my ST hub.

Created new smartapp in the ide with the code from the smarttiles.click site and set up the dashboard as normal. It worked fine.

Hope that helps in some way.

I had a great working install of the dashboard and decided to add a temperature tile, not a good idea! Now I’m getting the same error the others are reporting.

{“error”:true,“type”:“groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

I removed the weather tile as suggested in an earlier post and now it’s working again except no weather.

Thanks for replying Mike. I went through that several times today with no luck. I did it one more time just to be sure. No go.

@625alex, some of the glitches reported in recent days might be related to dashboard scripts hosted on Github. Github has been fighting an attack since Thursday which impacted all sorts of things.

https://status.github.com/messages

is there a way to include a numbers pad to be used as an alarm lock/unlock mechanism? planning on adding a tablet/iPod running SmartTiles by the door, and think that’d be easier than having a minimote or similar also mounted by the door

2 Likes