Smartthings WIFI Mesh Hub, Edge drivers

I was hoping that you could give an update on the Edge functionality on the SmartThings WiFi devices. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Sorry for not replying before, I added him to the list when you mentioned it to me.

Hi! There’s no feedback about that yet . That’s why I’m adding those interested to a list so I can tag everyone when the team provides more info.
I already added you as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for that

2 Likes

I’m starting to get concerned about these hubs actually being added to the Edge Drivers update. It’s been more than half a year without updates and that is definitely not encouraging. I guess our only option is to keep on waiting and see if eventually it happens…

1 Like

To be honest, I’m more concerned about the fact that no partner has signed up to manufacture it. (Aeotec is the partner for multiple regions for the regular hub, but not the Wi-Fi mesh version.)

It just feels like an “end of life” product to me, but maybe I’m wrong. :thinking:

2 Likes

As I have the WiFi version, I am very interested if these are going to be supported going forward. Disappointing there is still no Edge support. @nayelyz please add me to the list to be tagged when aa solution is developed. thank you.

2 Likes

All my hubs are down and not connecting to the internet, but my internet is working. In the SmartThings App it says this. I have no idea what that means, there’s no options to do software update and its been like this for sometime

So, when you select “OK” it doesn’t do anything?

For issues like this, please get in touch with SmartThings Customer Support, they can review the issue and guide you better. It can be done by following these steps:

1. Enter this page
  2. Click on “Support” in the upper-right corner
  3. Check if the URL includes your region. For example, en-us here: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us
  4. At the bottom, select “email” and describe your issue as detailed as possible.
  5. Click on “submit”
1 Like

Is there Any update on edge for smartthings wifi?

2 Likes

Please add me to your notification list also. Thanks

Not yet. There will be an announcement later on about when the corresponding updates will take place in those devices to support Edge.
I already added you both, @Robert_Singh and @Geoffs to the list of interested people.

1 Like

So why does that even exist when there has been no updates for SmartThings wifi. Today my network has went down again and it saying the same thing for my hubs. Saying that a firmware update is available. Why is there even logic for a firmware update when there literally has been no update for it. My options are to click ok and nothing happens

It seems yours is a particular case, have you checked with Customer Support? I cannot get information to know what’s happening because I don’t have the same permissions as them.

1 Like

please add me to the notification list too

1 Like
3 Likes

For those still experiencing problems with edge drivers: New update is supposed to help. Note that you must have updated the Wi-Fi router side to the most current version or the home automation side won’t update.

Just to avoid any confusion. This update won’t solve the issue of those that cannot install Edge drivers, however, it will allow the team to get more logs to be able to troubleshoot it better.
In case we need your help getting more info, we’ll contact those we know who have this issue.
Thanks!

1 Like

The announcement says something was fixed:

• Fixed an issue driving high system CPU when the Drivers were nearly the hard memory limit, resulting in frequent disconnects, high latency, and other issues.

But I guess that’s a different issue?

I don’t have info about that specific issue but I was told that this update wouldn’t solve the problem, that’s why I wanted to clear that out. If it helps for some reason, that would be awesome, the only thing we can do is wait and see for now…

1 Like