SmartThings Smart Lock Guest Access - Disappeared (January 17, 2023)

As of today, I can confirm Smart Lock Guest Access installs and works on my Galaxy 22. I had to delete it and reinstall to get it to work. Successfully added a new code today. My Rboy user management app is no longer working, so pretty much switching over permanently to the SLGA app now. SLGA provides no where near the features of the Rboy app, but at least I can manage codes again!

Yes, at present time there are no lock manager replacements for Rboy Lock User Manager that provide anything more than lock code management. You can use Sharptools to provide per user lock code actions but it requires their premium service to have access to variables in order to get the lock code used in an unlock/lock event.

1 Like

Thanks for recognizing my good intentions, but in this case, I only moved some individual posts that referenced SGLA. The original Rboy topic is still there, so you can continue any discussion specific to that in that thread.

As far as the Rboy apps situation, all custom groovy smartapps, including all of the Rboy apps, were shut down when Samsung shut down the free hosting cloud last week. That was a few days before the SGLA problem occurred.

Here’s the official announcement of the shutdown:

The only fix for that is for Rboy to write a completely new version using the new architecture. So absolutely, you are right that it is a completely different problem and solution than the SGLA problem, which was a temporary platform issue on the new architecture. They were not caused by the same root problem.

Rboy has a page on that site discussing the issue, although it doesn’t say much:

So again, you’re right, that’s a totally different problem, and should be discussed in the other thread.

The following thread is about Rboy’s lock user management (LUM):

[OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

And this next one is about Rboy’s smartapp for rentals. Both shutdown when the hosting cloud was shutdown. :disappointed_relieved:

[RELEASE] Rental Lock Automater - Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, Booking, Expedia

3 Likes

How did you reinstall? I have tried to delete from the Life tab and install multiple times and see no option to setup lock codes.

Got it to work on android after clearing data and force stop.

1 Like

I didn’t think I used the lock manager (stock one, never implemented Robot one), but I used to have a tile in my favorites that showed the status of my lock. Is that the same thing? I realized it’s gone and can’t seem to find a way to add back. I know I can just add the lock tile directly, but I liked the old one was bigger and color coded so quick to scan for status.

On favorites, select the three-dot menu and “Show status information”. Turning this on should show your locks, but will also show a bunch of low battery and other alerts that might or might not be of interest to you.

1 Like

I have those on, but this was something else. Bigger, like the size of home monitor. Would be blue when locked and red when unlocked. I remember what I would click on if I accident it would try and download, which I never let complete because I never interacted with it, but that made me realize I wonder if it was the lock manager.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Seam: Temporary Solution for Managing Lock Guest Codes (Jan 2023)

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seam: Temporary Solution for Managing Lock Guest Codes (Jan 2023)

A third party company called Seam is offering a temporary solution for managing guest access codes. I don’t know anything about them, but I have moved the posts discussing that option to their own thread, so they will be seen by more people and will be easier to find.

Seam: Temporary Solution for Managing Lock Guest Codes (Jan 2023)

2 Likes

THANK YOU @JDRoberts

1 Like

Thanks! this makes sense.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seam: Temporary Solution for Managing Lock Guest Codes (Jan 2023)

Just tried this and it worked! Unfortunately, you have to do it from an internet browser.

1. Login to your hub: Samsung account .
  2. Scroll to “Commands”.
  3. Click “setCode” button to open a dialog to set up your lock code.
  4. Choose your “codeSlot” – make sure you don’t pick a number that is already used.
  5. Choose your “codePIN”, which will be your lock code.
  6. Choose your “codeName”, which will be the name of your lock code.
  7. Click “setCode” button underneath it.
  8. Test the new code on your actual door lock. Make sure you have a way to enter in case you are locked out!

You could always do this via the ST CLI. It was just a little too obtuse for most people. The new Web App Advanced (it really needs a better name) makes it much more straight forward.

1 Like

We haven’t been able to get to the “lock codes” drop down in Smart Things Guest Access for days. Tried two different phones, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and using the web interface to STGA. Nothing works. We’ve logged a Customer Support ticket with Samsung. We need to remove a code and to add another. Support says it takes 3-6 working days (“24 to 48 working hours”) to get a response. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and is there a workaround for non-engineers other than using the “Advanced” option on the web and systematically deleting every code in every position on the lock and then readding codes one by one (without descriptors)?

There is another discussion with development support on this issue going on in this topic. Suggest you provide the information about your phone, OS, etc that others are providing so they can look for commonalities among those people who are having issues.

You can add/change/delete/name lock code slots using one of 3 methods; the AWA, the ST CLI, or the 3rd party rules engine Sharptools. The AWA is really not as difficult as it may seem. First, you can see what lock code slots the driver thinks are in use by looking in the attributes section for your lock and finding the main.lockCodes.lockCodes item. There you will see a list with numbers and names that correspond to the lock codeSlots and their corresponding codeNames. This lets you see which codes you might want to delete and what codeSlots are available to assign new codes.

With this information, you can then scroll down to the commands section and use the deleteCode to remove the unwanted lock code. You can then use addCode to add a new code with a name.

While the ST CLI can accomplish the same thing, it’s even less “non-engineer” friendly :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. I’ve succeeded in removing the correct code with AWA with the instructions you gave here which is a relief. I have provided logs to Support too.

1 Like

Eventually after 3 weeks of providing logs, etc., SmartThings support got back to me with a real workaround. Apparently the problem was caused because there was an inactive, “hidden” lock in my account (it’s an old one I had thrown away). I had to “unhide” that lock for the “lock codes” option to come up again and be usable for my real lock. So if that situation applies to you, do that!

2 Likes