SmartThings Community

SmartThings SkyBell HD Integration Released

You can buy it from skybell.com It even ships to Norway where I’m actually located

(Simon) #16

How about settings like “sensitivity”?
Would you set that up in the official app and then the setting i saved in the SkyBell, or where?

(Tim Slagle) #17

Just the messenger relaying information given to us by SkyBell.

Not everyone at SmartThings is a cloud engineer. The ones that can affect core stability are focused on core stability the ones that write integrations are writing integrations (SkyBell integration wasn’t even written by us, SkyBell wrote it and we certified it), etc…

So although the cloud team is intensely focused on stability and reliability, it would be unrealistic to expect the rest of the company to stop their work streams.

Where is the roadmap?
(Devesh Batra) #18

Trying to use CoRE to turn my outside light ON when motion is detected and its not working.

Is there any other SmartApp that’s been tested to turn lights on/off with motion with ST ?

thanks

(Bobby) #19

It’s all politics, man. We are in full season…But I am glad to see some movement. Hopefully more coming.

(Bobby) #20

What’s wrong with using Smart Lighting for that? And CoRE is working for me, you might consider posting your piston for feedback on this thread:

(Devesh Batra) #21

Bobby,

thanks for pointing me to the right thread… posting there now…

No, these integrations are unrelated and not competing with each other.

( I hate Mondays) #23

So, is Ring being worked on by either ST or Ring? I’d love to see that one out - I have a Ring. Me and eight other fellows (LoTR).

Yes, a SmartThings/Ring integration is being worked on.

( I hate Mondays) #25

Perfect! Then to wait, I will! (SW)

(Tim Slagle) #26

(Benji) #27

(Devesh Batra) #28

@Tyler @SkyBellAndrew

Ever since I installed the ST / Skybell integration, my door bell stopped detecting motion alerts. I stood in front of my bell for over 5 min with no alert
Once I opened the doorbell device in ST, both the Skybell app and ST app detected me standing in front of my door

What I also noticed is that the bell is sending updates to ST with a picture every 10-15min. Could this be causing the severs to overload and not process the motion alerts?

(Martin) #29

Holding out for Ring integration. That will hit the spot - if you throw down Lutron Smart Bridge Pro support too, I’ll be doing cartwheels.

(Andrew Thomas) #30

We’re looking into it with the SmartThings team. We’ll let you know what we find out. Surely it’s just a code tweak or two.

(Devesh Batra) #31

Andrew, any updates ? I still miss notifications from my Skybell from time to time

thanks

(Andrew Thomas) #32

We’ll have our standup tomorrow, so I’ll have more end of day.

(Chris) #33

I am having the same issues as BatraD

(Andrew Thomas) #34

Chris, can you give us more details?
We’re having a hard time duplicating this issue on our end.