SmartThings Motion Sensor Range

I bought a new motion sensor, and I went with the SmartThings because I’ve had good luck with them before. This time, I got the new version, and it only seems to detect motion within about 5 or 6 feet of the sensor where the previous sensors that I’ve gotten have all had a range of 20 feet or so (a full room vs a quarter of a room for this new sensor.

Is this normal? Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity? Or do I just need to contact support?

Just wondering if my experience is unique or if the new sensors are just that limited.

Thanks!

I had one in my kitchen that was new, and it failed after about 6 months. However, it did cover my entire kitchen (about 20 feet).

Tagging @Aaron

I have a new 2017 one and it seems to only cover 5-6 feet also. Nothing like the Ecolink pet immune sensor which I think are quite far like 25 feet and even 40 feet max?

Seems each are meant for two totally different applications. The Ecolink as a traditional motion detector (which resets 4 minutes) and the SmartThings sensor more for activating things when close by it. I.e. turn a light on. I was hoping it would be more like the Ecolink for security purposes but it doesn’t seem so.