SmartThings iPhone app loses room sort order

First post here and impressed with the wealth of knowledge in this forum.

I’ve been using the latest app (not Classic) and prefer to order my rooms alphabetically. Every now and then the sort randomizes and I have to manually reorder. Any idea why?

1 Like

Same experience. Really frustrating. It also reorders the devices within a room. I sent Samsung the question. Will report if I get an answer,

1 Like

Known bug. Report it to support so they know how annoying it is.

1 Like

Done! Was told they are working it.

Wonder if they’re still working on this? So annoying.

Maybe?

An update on this issue. It now seems that the new app retains the order but only until you sign out or are otherwise logged off the app. If either happens, you lose all of your manual sorting again. Why is this? I have over 100 devices and ordering them manually is annoying and time consuming. It would be good if there was at least an option to sort alphabetically.

2 Likes

Same here - I don’t like getting forced to use the new app when it can’t even sort the devices. I too have 100+ devices and it’s very frustrating that you can’t sort or search for the device you’re looking for.

1 Like

Yes, they only seem to store the device order locally in the new app, so if you sign-out or have to reinstall, or install on another device, you are stuck wasting an hour re-ordering everything. Why they don’t store the device order to the account in the cloud boggles my mind. Just another glaring oversight in the new app.

1 Like

Same problem here. For whatever reason I am getting signed out and need to sign back often these days which loses my room sort. Total PITA!

Lol, two and a half years later…

1 Like

Rooms are still re-arranging themselves in random order!
How hard can it be? Room Order should be stored in the cloud and persistent across all devices, including after logout and login and app updates.

Some might argue for having individual sorting of rooms across all devices as opposed to uniform sorting of rooms. It might be better to have a setup like the favorites screen where you can choose to sync an individual device (phone or tablet) or not. :slight_smile:

Having the room order be specific to the device (iPhone, etc) would be acceptable, too. But having the rooms reorder themselves is not acceptable! This seems so basic and easy! How can this still not be fixed?!

If room ordering not being persistent still bugs you, please like this post or reply and let’s make some noise!

4 Likes

I have same issue. I set the room order then it gets reordered. Very frustrating.

Lol. Three freaking years later, helluva response from support.

Is this still being worked on? I know writing code can be hard but over 3 years to fix this issue, it’s kind of ridiculous. What does it take to get this issue moved up to the top of the backlog?

2 Likes