better late than never…
Yes, Ozom’s lights bulbs works wiht smartthings and without the Ozom Box Hub, but you need to make some extra steps.
I did it with multicolor E27 and cold white GU10, but the others bulbs should work too.
- Delete your bulbs in the Ozom Box (if you have one). Notice that i had to delete it while bulb is plugged in or it didn’t enter into “pair mode”.
Step 2: Add your bulbs to the Smartthings Hub.
- Turn the light off or unplug it to the power source about 3 seconds, before turning on again, add a new device tapping the “+” icon in the smartthings app on your phone.
- When the app stars looking for new devices, turn on the bulb again, when the bulb is detected it will blink a few times and it will be added as a “Thing” in your device list, but theese t"Thing" will not work at all because ST doesn’t recognice it as a bulb.
Step 3: Configure the “Thing” as a bulb.
- You will need the samsung account linked to your ST Hub to access log in https://account.smartthings.com
- Once legged in, you should see sections with your locations, hubs, devices, etc. if you don’t, there are many tutorial in the forum to solve it.
- In My Devices section you’ll see all your devices connected, look for the “Thing” bulb added in step 3, click on the name in blue to acces to the device info. At the bottom click the “edit” button and change the type to “ZiggBee RGBW Bulb” for the multicolor bulb or “ZiggBee Dimmer” for the white GU10 bulb.
- refresh your app and you’ll see your new bulb
Step 4: Enjoy…
Let me know if it works.