SmartThings Hub Version 2.0

Totally wrong on 2. No support! Community developed device types are there though but no idea whether those work for v2.

SmartAlarm by Geko possibly. The Smart Home Monitor is nice and all I need though

Well, not totally smooth, but probably done for tonight.
My location didnā€™t delete, but support was able to clean that up quickly. After that the app crashed repeatedly until I reinstalled it. Not the best, but not a big deal.
With no more labs, dropcam connect (Iā€™ll get a new camera for the new features, but was hoping to keep this for still pics in the meantime) and smarttiles canā€™t be set up again. My presence sensor connected just fine on the v2 hub, but then later was marked away randomly. I couldnā€™t get it to work again, so I removed it, and I absolutely cannot get it to connect again. Plus, I snapped the itty bitty tabs holding the battery in when trying to replace it.
Kinda bummed at the moment since my system is less set up than before - even if it will eventually be better.

Out of curiosity, what specifically is preventing SmartTiles from being setup in the new location?

It doesnā€™t exist anymore, labs is gone. You can got to smarttiles.click and install it on that end, but then canā€™t follow the rest of the directions to set it up

Congratulations!
You have successfully installed SmartTiles!
Now, open SmartThings Mobile app, tap SmartTiles app under
SmartThings Labs, select your devices, preferences and obtain the
dashboard URL.

So sad, SmartTiles is so awesome.

Have you looked under ā€œMy Appsā€?

Itā€™s not there either; just all the smart apps Iā€™ve written for myself.

Oh great, no more dropcam. If labs is gone what else do we lose (i.e. hue, wemo, netatmo, sonos, MyQ)? I just got my v2 hub on Friday, now Iā€™m wondering if I want to do this migration.

Netatmo, Hue, and Sonos are still here. Canā€™t see Wemo or MyQ. I have Netatmo and Hue working with 2.0.2 and Hub V2.

I set up my sonos with no problem (well, besides the text to speech issues that were already happening :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). Itā€™s under ā€œMusic & Soundsā€

Just got my Dropcam to integrate. I used the Dropcsm connect that was under the ā€œmoreā€ section. It wasnā€™t there last night so not sure what happened.

Wow, SmartThings is becoming more and more worthless everyday. They canā€™t seem to get one of the most popular lighting automation products (Wemo) to work and failed on their promise (CES) to have MyQ fully integrated when they release v2 (along with the migration tool) so it sounds like they just remove the functionality. With all the problems theyā€™ve had with hue and Sonos Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t removed them. Great business plan, lets start removing items instead of adding them, what harm could that do.

Well thatā€™s awesome. Crossing my fingersā€¦
Definitely not there for me at the moment.

I had a ticket in at support. The last thing they fixed was Hue for V2 and they didnā€™t tell me they fixed it. They just pushed it.

Found a dropcam connect in the templates in the IDE, but that one doesnā€™t seem to work

physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ā€˜Dropcamā€™ in namespace ā€˜smartthingsā€™ not found. @ line 113

It doesnā€™t. I tried several times. It wasnā€™t until I found it under the ā€œmoreā€ category that it worked. It just showed up. Strange.

Thanks; you give me hope at least :smile:

No problem! Just shoot them a ticket and you will have this back.

3 Likes

And Dropcam is back in business!

For anyone who wants their Dropcams to work, they arenā€™t currently pushing it out to everyone, but it can be requested.

3 Likes

Going to end tonight on a high note - SmartTiles is back! Iā€™ll configure it tomorrow, but itā€™s there and working.

Many many thanks to Jesse F in support, without whom this upgrade would have not been a success.

2 Likes