Smartthings Hub v2 power supply

I just installed a UPS and to plug in my hub, I need to rotate the prongs 90 degrees so the adapter sticks out the front, not the side. Is the plug (on the back of the hub) for the power adapter the standard 5.5 mm x 2.1 mm or is it a custom size?
I have been looking all over and I can’t find an answer.
Thanks

You can use something like this. They come in handy for situations like this.

1 Like

I use the short 1’ extension cables for situation like this…

3 Likes

To answer your question, here is a picture of the back of the power supply. It would mount sideways (same direction as in picture) and doesn’t rotate.

cf (1)

So more than likely you are going to want to probably explore something similar to what was suggested in posts above.

1 Like

OK, Thanks. Those ideas work for me. I hadn’t really considered the adapters after I found some after-market power supplies with the plug turned.

Yeah, those little 1’ extensions that @rontalley posted are great. I have one big UPS in my basement and in general UPS manufactures say don’t put surge protectors on your UPS but I have a ton of “wall warts” between the ST hub, my router, my vonage box, a 8 port switch, etc. I have enough physical plugs on the UPS but not enough space so using a bunch of those worked great.