Problem: Phone Numbers are not retained in Home Monitor Send Text Field after closing SmartThings App
Is anyone else having this problem or are you able to replicate the problem?
Any suggestions ?
To Replicate Behavior:
In SmartThings Home Monitor > Settings > Security (or Smoke or Leaks) > Set Response > Send Text Message:
- Add my Cell Number.
- Save Changes.
- Arm Home Monitor.
- Trigger an Alarm.
- I receive a Text alert from Samsung Number 844647
- Note: I did reply “YES” to receiving texts from Samsung Number 844647.
- Close SmartThings completely.
- Relaunch SmartThings
- Go back to Send Text Message field above
- Field displays “no recipients selected”
- It behaves the same way in all three Sections (Security, Smoke, and Leaks).
- I’ve Shut Down & Rebooted
- I’ve tested it on two other Android Devices (on my account), so I don’t think it’s a problem with my Phones/Tablets, clearing cache, etc.
- Tried both typing in the number in the field and pressing the “+” to select it from Contacts.
- A friend’s SmartThings App on Apple (latest version; I think version 1.6 something) retains the Text Number.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Android 12, Security Patch Level: Nov 1, 2022
One UI v 4.1
SmartThings Home Monitor v184.108.40.206