Smartthings Home Monitor: No options for arm and disarm alarm

Hi all, I setup smartthings home monitor and can see the smart app in the main screen of smartthings app. It says all sensors are connected. But there is no option for arming or disarming the alarm system. My smartthings hub is v3 and I am using the new smartthings app. Am I missing something?

You can use Automations to control STHM (armed (away), armed (stay) and disarmed) by location, schedule or other. You can also manually control the alarm state by touching the buttons in the STHM block.

Click on the SmartThings Home Monitor text above the block and then touch the cog in the upper right of the screen to manage leak, smoke and security (choosing sensor, alerts, notifications, etc).

2 Likes

Hopefully you noticed in the link ‘jkp’ provided that you have to add the Smart Things Home Monitor (STHM) to the location as a SmartApp since it isn’t added there by default. In the old SmartThings app it was more obvious, but since the new SmartThings app supports more than just a Home Security System, that’s probably why we have to add it as a SmartApp.

Thanks for the answer. I already did what you said. It is a workaround. But I don’t understand why I don’t see the arm icons on smartthings main view. I added and see the smartthings home monitor smart app in smartthings, it says all sensors are connected but it doesn’t show the icons for arming the security alarm.

I added it as a smart app in smartthings. I added and see the smartthings home monitor smart app in smartthings, it says all sensors are connected but it doesn’t show the icons for arming the security alarm…

Screenshot?

This is what I see…

And this is what I see…

And this is where I get stuck because I am unsure if it is available in your region. Some services and Smartapps are not available to users in some countries.

If you click on the text SmartThings Hime Monitor and click on the cog, are you able to configure?

Your best option may be to contact ST support. Click on the menu and select Contact us.

It is available in my region and I can configure smartthings home monitor. I created automations to make it work and actually it is working. I just cannot see options for arming the security as in your screenshot

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that resolves it

You have to have open/close multisensors or motion sensors enabled in the Security section of the STHM, or is will do what your showing since there’s no sensors enabled in the STHM to be monitored.

I’ve just figured it out. It is the language. I changed my phone’s language to English and now I can see the icons. So wierd. Thank you jkp and DeWeav for you kind replies and help.

Yes, the dreaded language bug. Forgot about that :frowning:

Tagging @blake.arnold since users have reported multiple issues with the language causing problems in the new app

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @jkp - I’ll make sure this gets reported as a bug and reviewed in triage.