SmartThings doesn't connect to Samsung PowerBOT-e VR5000

I have bought a Samsung PowerBOT-e VR5000 device. I configured it on the PowerBOT app and it works perfectly fine there, but when I try to set up on Samsung SmartThings linking it with my PowerBOT account, it finds the device but it is always offline on SmartThings, although it works on PowerBOT app.

I tried disabling 5 GHz on my Wi-Fi (it has 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz by default) and it has the same result.

Does anyone had any experience with this device on SmartThings?

2 Likes

Hey there! @athos, Thank you for reaching out for assistance with your Robot Vaccum. Welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I wanted to include a direct link to support for your device: How To Connect To SmartThings On My Powerbot

It appears your model is not certified compatible with Smart Things and would only utilize the Powerbot-E Application.

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

That page is from Samsung Singapore. The Samsung Brazil page for this device states that it should work with SmartThings, although the phone shown in the ad is with the POWERBOT app open:

I bought this device under the impression that it would work with SmartThings (since both are from Samsung)

2 Likes

I completely understand your frustration.

However, available technologies and functions may vary depending on the country/region, etc. I would recommend continuing to use the Powerbot-E Application as you are using the correct application to achieve control of your device. I apologize for any inconvenience.

^SamsungZell

Hello Zell,

I wanted to update this thread for whoever is interested. I managed to make my PowerBOT-e work with SmartThings. I changed the firmware for my home router and now it works.

I have a TP-Link Archer C6 and installed OpenWRT on it.

1 Like

Hey there! @athos, Thank you for following up with me and sharing your solution with others. I’m so glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concerns and can enjoy your PowerBot-E Vaccum!

^SamsungZell