Smartthings Devices don't show on Google Home

Hello,
I just bought a Google Home and I’m trying to link my Smartthings devices. When I go to Authorize Smartthings from within the Google Home app, there are no devices listed. I select “Home” from the drop down menu, which should then populate the list of smart things devices I would like GH to control (at least according to all the videos and tutorials I have seen), however nothing is displayed below. It just gives me the option to authorize / deny. If I authorize it says that Smartthings is linked, but there are no devices displayed. I’m trying to connect two different in-wall Z-wave switches. Any clue, what I’m doing wrong? I also Have an Echo which I paired with no issues at all. I’d like to be able control these switches and future switches with my voice.

1 Like

Sounds like your doing it right. I just checked and mine is working as described. Do you have a The Google Assistant listed in your smartapps? I set mine up in December so I don’t remember the steps now but I am thinking you may not have that smartapp. It’s the only thing I could think of.

I don’t have Google Assistant listed in my smart apps. I do have Alexa listed there though. I don’t know how to add it. I guess my understanding was once you authorized it, it would show up there. Not sure what is happening!! I’m about to just mail it back and use Alexa.

Go into market place, smart apps, voice control, and see if the Google Home app is there to install. I see it in the market place. I really do apologize but I really can’t remember all the steps I did. Check for the app and we will go from there.