Smartthings Bond Support

Apparently the Bond hub just needed a power cycle. I definitely should’ve thought to do that before I used the chat with tech support feature in the Bond app, my bad. On the plus side, I learned that there is a chat with tech support feature in the Bond app :slightly_smiling_face:. Also, huge ups to Bond for being available for my dumb request during a US holiday weekend.

1 Like

“Power cycle” is the answer to at least half of Bond woes. Mine is now plugged into a remote control outlet for that very purpose.
2.14.5 has been humming along without issues, thus far. Good to know about the tech chat feature.

2 Likes

Question for the BOND users here. Given your experience so far, would you buy it again?

I’ve got two Levelor fans that have RF remotes. They’re in adjacent rooms so should be reachable via one Bond hub.

Contemplating adding smartness.

Definitely, without a doubt. When I first got mine, it was before Zooz released their single gang fan/light switch, and there wasn’t much on the market that could control both. I originally had 5 fans running off the Bond, all over the house, with no issues. Since replacing 3 of 5 switches with the Zooz switch, I only use the Bond for 2 and see no reason to switch those given the current integration with ST. I had universal remotes/receivers for 3 of the 5 fans and didn’t like the clutter of a remote, hue remote and light switch in every room. I also wanted to boost my z wave mesh throughout the house. But with the Bond, we never touched the remotes and could just control them via Alexa or the ST/Bond app. I have the goodbye/return automations turning them off/on and the only time there’s a problem is when (I’m assuming) the token expires. The only real problem I’ve ever had, if you can call it that, is that the Bond has never been able to replicate the remote for the electric fireplace we have in the living room. A bummer, but it wasn’t purchased with that in mind… It wasn’t even an option when I bought it. Hope that helps give some insight.

1 Like

I power cycle every night at 3:00Am.

Thanks! So no issues with the Bond getting out of sync with the fans?

Neither of the two fans I have to that are RF controlled have light kits so the Zooz switch isn’t an option. Also not clear if these fans can be controlled with a switch.

Does Bond have both speed and direction control?

Does the hub retain the state (on/off, speed, direction) after a power cycle?

The Bond has a setting that helps with keeping everything tracked. And here are all the commands it can replicate from remotes:

1 Like

I am trying go to the opposite direction (remove the connection between Bond and Smartthings), but although I’m on a totally migrated account and using the newer Bond Home app, I don’t ever SEE “Bond” in my list of linked services in the Smartthings app.

Any idea how/where I can see it to remove it?

In the Bond app, if you click the hamburger menu button in the bottom left, then click Manage Integrations, what does it show for SmartThings? You may be able to disable it there.

Yeah in the Bond Home app under manage integrations it lists Alexa, Google, and Smartthings (with Alexa and Smartthings both enabled) - selecting the Smartthings one just goes to the Samsung Smartthings website though. (whereas say the Alexa one goes to the actual alexa skill for bond)

Interesting I don’t see Bond in Smartthings linked services. It has been there since I installed and linked Bond to Smartthings. I sent Bond a support ticket.

Exactly. I’m fairly sure it WAS there for me as well when I first connected Bond to Smartthings (for me like maybe 2 months ago?)

Just looked and can confirm that Bond disappeared from my Linked Services also. Automations using Bond were still running as normal this morning, so not sure what this means.

Been going back and forth with Bond support. No resolution yet and being escalated. Bond support is very good so I expect to hear something soon.

Just installed beta Bond app and Bond firmware. Not sure if this is what fixed it but the Bond Smartthings integration is now showing up in the linked services.

Yeah it’s back. I also noticed hue was missing from linked services but it’s back now. This leads me to believe it was a ST issue, not bond.

More then likely. Every issue I run into seems to lead back to Smartthings.

1 Like

Since Monday, my automations with Bond have been failing. These are extremely simple (If 6AM, Then Fan Off).

The Bond app works as expected, so I tried commands from the ST app. “A network or server error occurred. Try again later.”

It is a good thing that Bond recently added their own native scheduling. Anyone else having Bond <–> ST issues?

Try going into linked services in Smartthings and re login to Bond. I have had the same issue a couple times and this resolved the issue.

1 Like