Smartthings Automation Timer not working

Hi,

I created an automation to turn on the porch light when there is motion detected in the driveway. Everything works great - to a point. SUNSET / SUNRISE does not work at all so I hard coded the time from 5:30 PM to 6:30 AM). I would like for the light to turn off automatically after a preset amount of time. This should be no problem as there’s an option for that. the default of 10 seconds works fine; every other option (including CUSTOMIZE) leaves the light on indefinitely.

This is a known bug right now. Try using the official “smart lighting” feature instead of the custom automation creator, and you should be able to set the turn off timer.

Thought of that. Smart Lighting does NOT allow you to set the duration. The only option is to turn off the light(s) when motion stops. Since this is a porch light along the driveway I want to ensure that it stays on long enough to exit the car, get to the door, and unlock the house. I realize that most if this required some movement but I would prefer that the light not be turning on and off as it senses motion.

Sure it does. When you select turn off when motion stops, it will ask for a duration. I use it all the time this way with motion sensors.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for sharing!!

1 Like