SmartThings App compatibility

Hi

I’ve been trying - and failing - to discover exactly which Samsung Soundbars work with the SmartThings app. There’s a list of EVERYTHING it supports on the samsung site, but it is in no way searchable or configurable.

Does such a thing exist anywhere? I am looking to replace the soundbar that does not connect to the app with one that does - but being sure I buy the right one is the issue.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Welcome!

This forum was set up a number of years ago so customers could help other customers with the SmartThings ™ home automation platform. It’s not officially monitored by Samsung employees except for the usual issues of spam and harassment, and a small section for developers.

You might get a quicker answer in the official Samsung support forum, which does have staff assigned to it who have access to Samsung databases that we don’t.

Of course you’re welcome here, and people will try to help, but that help may be limited. For a question like this you’re more likely to get pre-sales support at the other site. It’s worth a try, anyway. :thinking:

I’m pretty sure they cover sound bars in the “home theater” section.

Does anyone know if you can use Smarttag with the smarthings App on an Iphone?

You cannot, just as you cannot use an apple AirTag with an android phone.

Official response:

Which devices are compatible with the SmartTag+?
The SmartTag+ is compatible with Android OS 8.0 or higher. However, to use the AR finding feature, your Galaxy phone or tablet must support Android 11 or higher. The feature is currently available on Note 20 Ultra, S21+, S21 Ultra, and Z Fold 2. Third-party Android devices and iOS devices are not supported.

AR and possible History for a week seem to be the two features available to supported phones. I have a Samsung M31, I can pair to a SmartTag 2 and see its location, but what I would really like to know is exactly what phones are used to provide location information for all tags? Is it supported phones, any Samsung phone, or any Android phone? Also I assume that location information would only be shared by phones that are running the SmartThings App?

1 Like

As far as I am aware, the offline finding functionality that relays the approximate location of nearby ‘lost’ tags to Samsung is available on all Galaxy phones and tablets (unless they are particularly old) and can be found alongside ‘Find My Mobile’ in the phone settings. It doesn’t need the SmartThings app.

The location, in map form, of a SmartTag is made available via the smartthingsfind.samsung.com website to the Samsung account that owns the tag, and also (subject to permission) to all the members of the SmartThings Location where the tag is registered via the Find service in the SmartThings app (again only on Galaxy devices).

The location history is only available to the tag owner. AR location using UWB is only available on relatively few high-end Galaxy devices and is about actively searching for a missing tag.

4 Likes

Hi Graham, thank you for that information, much appreciated.