SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor Values

How do you show both the temp and humidity on the dashboard? I know I can “toggle” the display by highlighting either the temp or humidity reading, but what about displaying the values simultaneously?

I’m sure I’m missing a simple procedure somewhere…

Can’t be done with the current SmartThings mobile apps. It’s been a common request though, so perhaps it will be a feature in the overhaul.

In the meantime, the most comprehensive solution is SmartTiles.click.

1 Like

An alternate solution might be a hack using some “Virtual Device Tiles” … Hmmm… I wonder if anyone has done this yet. I might give coding this a try, since I have the same desired feature, and it seems within my SmartThings skills.

Or if smartapps actually could be provided a UI in the mobile app? Or if a listview could be used…

Or, or or…

It is really too bad the original concept for ST was not to expose any UI elements and just automate functions.

We need more robust UI / UX elements so these simple types of things don’t need 3rd parties or hacks to make data displayable.

3 Likes

Absolutely… Hopefully that specific idea of giving SmartApps UI elements will make it into the features list of the mobile app overhaul. Based on the call Wednesday, they are definitely trying to keep the features focused on Customer ease of use & navigation, but that can be prioritized in many different ways.

Perhaps @alui is taking notes already? :wink:

I’d love to make a simple interface for my SmartApps. I’d also love to make one worth publishing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. SmartTiles makes for a slick dashboard for my soon-to-be wall mounted tablet! Has anyone modified this to make it into a re-sizable widget?

What do you mean? Resize the individual Tiles(s)?

I would like to be able to have other app widgets running on the same screen as the SmartTiles app. On my 10" tablet, I would like to be able to have SmartTiles on a portion of the screen and be able to have my e-mail inbox widget and a Weatherbug widget also visible.

I’m new to this, so pardon me if this can already be done. Many thanks for your work on SmartTiles!!

SmartTiles doesn’t run as an App… It is a web page.

On Android, there are some Apps available, I hear, that can split your screen into 2 (or more?) regions to run multiple browsers or Apps concurrently.

Check out the SmartTiles official Topic threads… Lots of ideas and solutions.

On ios at least you can save the webpage to the home screen and it runs it in a more native way, which I have done. All that I can tell is it gets rid of all of the browser UI, and I think it gives the ability to run offline, not that this app could. Not really sure what else it enables but I’ve heard it called native many times, still no “application” permissions.