[OBSOLETE] Temperatures Dashboard SmartApp

I was asked in another discussion a while back about a way to see all temperatures in a single view, and while this could be done with Rooms and putting all your temperature devices in a Room, it’s really not a logical way to group devices (IMHO). You could also create virtual devices for each and put those in a Room, but that’s a PITA to manage. Even the old Damage & Danger dashboard didn’t display the temperature value.

I put together this little app to show temperatures from all the devices you select from a list of capable devices, so I thought I’d share with the community. The list isn’t sorted because I couldn’t figure out how to do it with the example code base I used, but I still find this app helpful for my needs:

Code:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/smartapps/jscgs350/dashboard-temperatures.src/dashboard-temperatures.groovy

9 Likes

Nice!
Putting data right in the mobile App - SmartApp config screen is handy, great idea.

Now please, please, please forgive me :pray: for being really tacky and shameless…
May I just post this tiny picture here? I promise I won’t hijack any more of this thread. Thanks, sorry. (Click on the photo for SmartTiles details).

1 Like

I can’t take credit for that idea. I just used @notoriousbdg’s BatteryMonitor app for inspiration.

No problem @tgauchat! I’m almost (maybe) kind of done adding devices to my ST environment. I have just a couple “projects” I want to complete, but for the most part I’m at the point now where I can really get into Routines and automation (including @bravenel’s Rule Machine).

One of my major projects coming up will be to add affordable tablets to all our major rooms, and SmartTiles is key.

3 Likes

GMTA - I actually did this myself the other week by editing the same app you did. I didn’t post it because I don’t know the etiquette/rules for modifying and then posting code.

But I wanted to say I installed two instances of this app one for indoor sensors and one for outdoor sensors. I use alerts for the indoor sensors that drop below certain temps. I don’t bother with alerts for the outdoor sensors, but like a nice view of them.

I couldn’t figure out how to sort by temperature either. Something I wish the original battery monitor app also did for batteries.

2 Likes

@johnconstantelo - Nice job! I What’s the easiest/most direct way to access this Dashboard through the app?

I’m currently doing: Open App > Automations > SmartApps > Dashboard - Temperatures

That’s the only way unfortunately. It used to be a lot easier in the earlier release of the mobile app when you could access SmartApps through the “hamburger” menu in the upper right corner of the mobile app.

Is this still working? After installing, instead of my given name being on the home page of ST, it says “tiles missing”. When I click on it to go to settings to set the devices for temperature I get the “something went wrong” message.

I haven’t used it for a very long time, but I just installed the SmartApp - not a Device Type Handler - and it worked just fine.

Ok, I misunderstood what this was. I thought this could have been a device to check in my home screen.

1 Like

So this smartapp works great, except one thing.

In the classic ios app it displays the temps in a easy to read, carriage returned manner, but in the newer smartthings app for ios, theres no carriage return. I am not familar with coding at all, but does anyone have an idea as to what to add to the code thats posted at
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/smartapps/jscgs350/dashboard-temperatures.src/dashboard-temperatures.groovy

Is it working also in the new app?

I haven’t used this in a very long time, but it should still work.