I’m loving the new “From Code” and “From Template” options when creating a new SmartApp / DeviceType.
Users don’t have to be instructed to fill out bogus information and then replace the resulting code with code anymore.
The new instructions are:
- Login at http://graph.api.smartthings.com
- Go to “My SmartApps” or “My DeviceTypes” and click on the “+ New SmartApp” or " + New SmartDevice" button on the right.
- On the “New SmartApp” or “New SmartDevice” page, Select the Tab “From Code” , Copy the xxxxx source code from GitHub and paste it into the IDE editor window.
- Click the “Create” button at the bottom.
- Click the blue “Save” button above the editor window.
- Click the “Publish” button next to it and select “For Me”. You have now self-published your SmartApp or SmartDevice.
- Open SmartThings mobile app and go to the Dashboard.
8. Tap on the round “+” button and navigate to “My Apps” section by swiping the menu ribbon all the way to the left.
9. xxxxx app should be available in the list of SmartApps that appears below the menu ribbon. Tap it.