I was integrating a Kwikset 910 that was previously used with Alarm.com. I had preexisting codes that moved over. The Smart Locks app appeared to identiy that the codes existed and indicated Code 1 - Code 7. I then locked the door entered an unlock code and the event history would identify the code that was used. I would then rename the code from “Code X” to the persons name. This continued until I got to a Code 9 and Code 10. The history would indicate that the door was unlocked by X, but the code did not exist within the smart app to allow me to rename it. I tried creating a code within the Smart App but it would fail. I am going to assume this was due to the “code” already existing. Finally I used the app to create 3 new dummy codes which I assumed would erase the existing codes. I then deleted the dummy codes and then I was able to recreate the new codes with the users preferred code.
This entered to let others know the work around but also to see if the SmartApp could be updated to correct the issue.