Smart Lock Guest Access turn off notifications

I’m currently getting a notification every time someone unlocks the door. I was able to turn off notifications for the lock specifically but I was still getting notifications. That’s when I noticed that the notifications were coming from Smart Lock Guest Access. I’ve dug around in both the Classic app and new app but I can’t seem to find out how to turn the notifications off. We needed to secure a room at the office and decided to use a Zwave lock because we were already using Smartthings at the office. The door gets unlocked 2-3 time an hour so I get 4-6 notifications an hour (from Classic and new apps) and it’s causing me to miss notifications for other devices.

1 Like

There’s no way to turn off notifications from the smart locks app.

If you’re looking for the ability to control notifications at the per user level and customize them check out the Lock User Management (LUM) app (it works with the new and Classic app)

Thanks for the confirmation. That really stinks though… Any idea if it’s possible to turn off notifications for a specific hub? The lock is on a different hub that I would be fine with not receiving any notifications from.

I don’t think the new ST app has notifications setup per hub. You could turn off notifications about specific devices but that won’t stop notifications from apps.

Thanks for the replies.

1 Like

I did buy LUM and have been using it in the Classic app… however after migrating to the new app, I’m now getting annoying notifications as well through Smart Lock Guest Access.

Is there a way to remove Smart Lock Guest Access and just use LUM?

I don’t see a way to remove a SmartApp… there’s 3 dots on the SmartApp pane in the upper right of the new UI which calls up a “Delete” option… but what does it delete? All SmartApps? An option to delete just one? Deploy a thermal nuclear device?

Not very intuitive :angry:

I emailed ST support and they haven’t figured it out. They recommended using the Classic app, but the option isn’t there.

Anybody have any suggestions?

That will allow you to select which app you want to delete and it should allow to delete SLGA from there.

1 Like

Thanks!!! Like I said… it’s a poor UI and I was hesitant in pressing that for fear it would just delete all of my Smartapps.

So does your app allow me to shut off all notifications except the specific codes I want if any? In other words, can it replace the smart locks app with something more specific? My husband doesn’t want to get notified every time anyone (me) enters a code, but he might like to know when the cleaners come in. Currently it’s notifying us every time anyone uses any code.

Yes, you can control notifications (and custom actions) at the individual user level and lots more customizations and can safely uninstall Smart Locks when using LUM. You can find a complete list of feature on the first post here: [OBSOLETE] Lock User Management (LUM)

You can even set the cleaners to a preset schedule (up to 3 daily/weekly schedules) as an added safety measure so it won’t work outside those hours (I’ve seen cleaners share codes with temp replacements, so pre set schedules can provide additional security).

To turn off SLGA notifications go to
SmartThings app
3 bar menu in lower right of screen.
Settings (gear icon at top right)
Notifications
Click on Hub name
Then turn off notifications for Smart Lock Guest Access

1 Like