Smart Life/Upstone WiFi Bulb

(Scott Tuck) #1

Has anyone had success getting these going with SmartThings?

UPSTONE Smart WiFi Bulb LED Smart Switch RGB Multicolor Works with Alexa Google Home Assistant https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071CNQ6BQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_1oT0zbHH1DK68

It uses an app called Smart Life to integrate with Google Home and Alexa.

Additionally, I found this: http://smartlife.tech/blog/2017/06/19/smartlife-devices-wifi-smartthings-configuration/

I loaded the Smart App, but it never locates the bulb.

(Mark) #2

Did you install a device handler for the bulb first?

(Scott Tuck) #3

I didn’t. I can’t find one. :frowning:

(Mark) #4

(Scott Tuck) #5

Looks like that got me a step closer, but still no luck.

It won’t automatically discover the bulb.

I am able to manually add it by IP, and it seems to see it as a valid device; however, it doesn’t configure it.

(Eric) #6

The smartlife controller doesn’t work with bulbs to my knowledge. This device handler is for a custom flashed RGBW controller the H801. I think it’s just luck that both have the name SmartLife and are not associated.

(Mark) #7

That may very well be. I have no familiarity with this device, was just going with info provided by OP.

@JScottTuck you should ask @erocm1231 if he can assist since it’s his smartapp and dth.

(Eric M) #8

Yeah, I don’t think that bulb is supported by SmartThings. Just has Alexa integration and Android App control with whatever app they are recommending.

(Kevin) #9

I was wondering about these Upstone bulbs too. I just can’t see spending $50 per bulb for the big name brands. These Upstone bulbs at $18 each and Q&A says they are about 60W equivalent. I’m about 50-50 on whether or not the reviews are real though.

(Scott Tuck) #10

They were noticably less bright than my Hue bulbs. I sent them back due to the lack of integration. I have a couple of these on the way: https://m.gearbest.com/smart-lighting/pp_710443.html?utm_source=email_sys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=shipping

The website indicates that they will attach up the Hue Hub. I guess we’ll see!

(Kevin) #11

Thank you for the feedback. One of the more legit looking reviews on amz mentioned the lack of brightness too. Let us know how the Jiawen bulb looks! Picture #4 at the link you posted is an interesting photoshop I suspect. They show it hanging upside down by a wire, bulb on, but not plugged into a socket.

(David Tigue) #12

I know this is old but you can actually control it through ifttt. Just create a virtual switch in smart things and have that switch when activated run an ifttt applet to do what you want. I use this setup in a nighttime routine to turn everything off.

Hi are you sure about this?, because the problem I have with Smartlife devices in IFTTT is it shows me the power switches I have but the bulbs never show up in IFTTT so I can’t control bulbs. (actually in the smartlife app it shows the bulbs as compatible with Alexa and Google Home but not IFTTT)

Have you managed to overcome this ?

I have lots of Smartlife bulbs and would love to be able to integrate them better