Smart Life integration (July 2020)

Note sure it it has been mentioned so apologies if it already has…

I have found that changing the Device Type in the IDE from ‘placeholder’ to ‘Virtual Switch’ brings the Trigger online and available just like a normal switch in ST. So no need to create additional Switches or Scenes in ST to get them to work properly. The two I changed to Virtual Switches have remained working and online for over two days now, cannot say they will remain like that indefinitely but they are working at the moment. Occasionally when going into the Device it does state Offline but then backing out and going into it again it is online. Either way this is far easier than having to create separate virtual switches etc.

So add the On/Of Triggers in Globe Suite/Smart Life etc. (I created TOGGLE switches, just makes sense rather than On/Off ones as others have said) then add the Triggers/devices into ST and change the Device Types in the IDE to be ‘Virtual Switch’
Remember that this is also not two-way so if you have more than one Trigger for one switch ST may not reflect the correct power state if you use both at the same time.

Cannot guarantee it will work for you but it does for me, well so far lol. Oh I used Globe Suite this time round but will try the same approach with the other apps when I have some time.

2 Likes