Smart Color Recessed Integrated Bulbs

Due to a giant electrician / builder blunder, I’m going to be forced to get new can lights for a house I’m moving into in about a month. I am fairly invested into Sengled BR30s and love them, but will be forced into using bulbs with an electric plug instead of screw. RL56 Eaton Halos (Zigbee tunable white) is what will be put in by the electrician at his cost. I’m good with that.

I’m wondering if anyone knows of a color bulb the same style as the RL56 that works with SmartThings?

RL56 is the model number for the Eaton. Did you want to restrict it to that specific brand or were you OK with a recessed downlight from a different company?

If you’re OK with a different company, Sylvania has one:

1 Like

Trying to find out what size these “bulbs” are has been a challenge that not even the electrician could answer. Are these simply called “downlights”?
I’m just used to the base and size style like BR30 or PAR38. This is new to me. I know the can size is 6 inches, but the name of the bulb type is my mystery.

As far as I know, they are just classified by the diameter of the cutout, so usually just 4 inch, 5 inch, or 6 inch. A lot of The bulbs are designed to fit either a 5 inch or 6 inch space because you can get a trim ring to fill in the gap. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for your help clarifying these things. I updated the title and my first post a bit to try to clarify what I’m looking for.
Also, thanks for the suggestion about the Sylvania lights. I’m not a fan of Sylvania LED in general because I had a great deal of them fail in under 2 years, but may be willing to try them again if that’s my only option.

1 Like