Simulated Alexa switches only working sometimes (May 2023)

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues as I am. Recently I have noticed that my simulated switches are not always triggering my Alexa routines.

Some of these switches are ones I created in the IDE, and some are new ones I created on the SmartThings app with the new vEdgeCreator.

I’m noticing that the switch is working on both SmartThings and Amazon Alexa (turn on and off on both platforms). The issue seems to be that Alexa does not trigger the routine even though Alexa shows the Simulated Switch did change from off to on. KEEP IN MIND, it does work a good amount of the times but sometimes will be unreliable for a while. This has never been the case before. This would work 100% of the time.

Any help as to why this is happening or a possible fix would be appreciated.

2 Likes

A number of people have reported this, it’s being discussed at length in one of the virtual device topics, but there’s no solution discovered yet. It’s not even clear whether this was a change on the smartthings side or the Amazon side. Just that the integration between the two no longer works as it used to.

For now, report it to both support lines. Hopefully if enough people having the problem do that they’ll get some engineers looking at it.

Here’s the current discussion:

[ST Edge] vEdge Creator: a virtual device generator for end users - #1461 by alexs4345

2 Likes

Thank you for that. I will jump over to that discussion

1 Like