We are interested in talking to you about smart home experiences.

We are recruiting people like you for a 60 minute product research session taking place in Mountain View, CA. on March 16-18.

If you are selected to participate, you will receive a $125 Visa gift card. Please click on the link below to answer a few questions to see if you qualify.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2RNG58F

1 Like

Hi @brian_ashbaugh

Per the intro page of the survey:

Because we may show you versions of our product that have not been made public, you will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement at the beginning of our session.

Can selected participants receive and review a copy of the the NDA prior to driving to your site, please? I’d rather not travel the ~60 minute drive (each way) just to find that there are some particular terms in the NDA that I would prefer not to agree to or could ask questions about in advance … Thanks?

2 Likes

you have to get to their office in CA to participate. That sucks that a tech company doesnt have the what with to use virtual presence.

2 Likes

I would assume it’s a security procedure since an NDA is required. Don’t want someone recording the video of a telepresence session and posting on YouTube!

Somethings still need to be done in person.

2 Likes

I would have considered flying out just for this but unfortunately I’ll be in Mexico on a business trip next week. Next time give us a longer lead time please!

Would love to!!!

Alas I am in Texas :cry:

1 Like

I would love too also, but I am also in Texas and I have a job that I just can’t up and travel when I want. :disappointed:

1 Like

I would love to represent your UK customers. But travelling to you is out of the question.

Hi everyone, thanks for your interest!

Yes, this particular feedback session will be taking place in CA. However, there will be opportunities in the future to participate from where you live as we will be planning future feedback sessions via phone, GoToMeeting or WebEx. We haven’t planned those session yet, but will be sure to post again when we have our next round of feedback sessions.

We definitely value your opinion and look forward to your future feedback to help improve your SmartThings experience!

2 Likes

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you…

I signed up w/o reviewing the NDA. A bold move, I know, but I’m not going to lose any sleep over that. :wink:

2 Likes

Yup… even the most stringent NDA is not likely to be a problem for the average participant. Persons with multiple ventures and networking throughout the smart home / IoT industry have to be a bit extra careful though. We speak at various groups and with clients, and so need NDA’s to have a well defined scope and clear, easy to understand expiration date or termination procedure.

2 Likes

Anything like this for the UK folks? :grin:

3 Likes