Show temp and open/close with Multipurpose Sensor

Hello. I have two Smartthings Multipurpose Sensors that I’m using for my garage doors. Has anyone written a device handler that would make it possible to see open/close status AND temperature at the same time, without clicking on each tile?

Alternatively, maybe the color of the tile could be used to indicate open/close… Red for door open, Green for door closed?

Thanks.,

Kyle

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #2

Modifying the existing DTH for this is not too hard…); but I must point out that ActionTiles offers this functionality in one form or another…

(Jimmy) #3

are you talking in the thing list or on the device page itself?

1. Garage Sensor
  2. Garage Temp

These 2 Tiles are the same device (ST Multipurpose Sensor). One displays the Open/Closed Status and the other displays the Temperature.

He was saying that he wanted to see both elements listed in the Things page without having to click each device individually to see both of those elements together.

That functionality I believe is restricted to a single element on Things, either Open/Close or Temp.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #6

Thanks for sharing this example, WB.

FYI: We are testing a proof-of-concept in development, of possibly offering Temperature in Tile Footers, similar to Battery % Level. We will not promise this will be delivered as a Feature, but letting y’all know that we are “hearing” some customer’s requests for information-dense Tiles, and just experimenting with the concept.

Well this would satisfy the OPs request even further into a single tile versus the example on my panel of both elements side by side. Well it resolves it if he ends up using ActionTiles, not the ST mobile app :slight_smile:

And I will have to readjust my panels if something like this ever comes to fruition.

(Jimmy) #8

That’s what I thought, but the word tile made it confusing. I believe it is restricted to one capability.

(Javier Dst) #9

Hey, how did you gathered the temperature? This is not working for me:

- platform: mqtt
name: Multipurpose Sensor Temperature
state_topic: "smartthings/Multipurpose Sensor/temperature"

Thanks!