Shortcut for Dimming Lights?

Hey Everyone, new ST user here! (Actually two, I bought one for my parents house too!)

I just got done setting up my parents hub and integrated some of their devices, such as the Schlage Camelot lock, a new Linear dimmer and a few other things.

Everything is working really, really well this far!!

I was having trouble finding something though…I’d REALLY a like to add in a shortcut under “Lighting” to dim the Linear switch to a certain, prefixed level. For example, hit the shortcut and it dims to 10% when the shortcut is “On”. Hit it again and it turns the shortcut off bringing it back to “100%”.

I’ve searched and haven’t found much about this. Is there any way to do this?

Right now, I setup a macro under “Hello, Home” that does something similar, but it’s two separate actions and isn’t under the lighting dashboard.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
John

Sounds like you need a SmartApp. I’m not sure if there’s one already made to do this or not. You could try the Scene Machine app or write your own.

1 Like

You are on the right track using Hello Home phrases. You could write a SmartApp to do it, but you really don’t need to. Lights & Switches is just a collection of shortcuts (apps), as are Hello Home phrases.