I want to apologize upfront because I am a totally noob on this and needed some help/clarification from you the experts.
I am brand new to this world of automation and now I have the opportunity to dive into this and try it out, The only currently thing that I have and Im able to control is my alarm.com system where I can open my garage door, close it, arm away, stay, etc. and if any windows or doors including the garage stays open, then I would get a notification. Also I do have 1 echo dot that I am able to arm my alarm and that’s about it. I have a 2gig panel with Zwave possibility I believe
Now some of the things I am interested in doing is being able to speak and control my thermostat lights and things like that with the echo dot and I wanted to make sure that this is the better option compared to others such as the vera.
Some of the things im looking for:
- control thermostat away and by voice (is ecobee the cherry on the ice cream or is it the nest?)
- Smoke / CO that would notify me of something and be able to communicate with the thermostat to shut off systems.
-Water sensor to notify and shut off if necessary
- When alarm is arm and someone trying to break in, I would like all lights to turn on (I have recessed lighting all over except rooms and bathrooms, which bulbs do I need?)
- I will be installing some IP cameras that I would like to get notified as well
- Ring doorbell seems to be the best option for me in terms of size to install next to my door on my current door bell, can this communicate with ST?
- Install some wifi swith to control by voice and lighting schedules
- possiblity of IFTTT
- And some others that I don’t remember at the moment.
So, am I able to do this? Thank you in advance for any incoming advice. Just so you know that I would be starting by the thermostat and smoke alarm if you can recommend anything!.