Sengled Smart Light Switch (ZigBee) control brightness of lights?

Hi all;
Newbie here to the SmartThings and programming;
I have just bought a Sengled Smart Light Switch from Best Buy, i have it joined to the SmartThings Hub without issue and it shows up as Type ZigBee Battery Accessory Dimmer.
I have set up automation for its on/off buttons but after searching for about 2 hours now I can’t figure out how to make the light brightness adjust the brightness of the bulbs, is there something obvious I am missing here?

Funny enough, I was just playing with this with an Ikea dimmer remote, which uses the same device handler. Try the mirror function in Smart Lights.

2 Likes

Hmm… I don’t see anything like that in the SmartThings App, what app are you using for that type of automation?

SmartThings. In the Classic app, Smart Lights is the marketplace. In the new app, Smart Lights is under Automations.

1 Like

OH WOW… There it is!
See… Newbie… ugh… thanks for your help!!!

1 Like

Im not sure about setting it up in SmartThings as i have the sengled hub and bulbs. No issues. You set the dimmer the same as setting the options for 1 click 2 click and a long click. I know in the sengled app, it shows a pic of the switch and u tap the buttons to program each. SmartThings app should have something similar. Or maybe its limited?

Here is the offical instructiins from Sengled. If you already have this oh well. Hope you figured it out.

Had a dumb question, can the “mirror behavior” be used for Ikea Tradfri dimmer switch also?
I tried doing this but under “mirror which switch”, it does not show my Ikea dimmer.

I use the mirror function with our Ikea hockey puck remote

Thanks! Also, how is the battery life for Sengled smart switch?
I am using Ikea dimmer switch (square one), and the battery life is very bad. Others have also reported the same for that dimmer.

Would really like to know about the battery life of Sengled smart switch.

Thanks in advance!

I know this is an old conversation, but it’s one of the first search results for people looking to see how they set up the dimmer switch with SmartThings. Since I just set one up, I figured I would mention a small difference that is not as evident.

1. Open the SmartThings app and press the “+” sign on the main page.

2. Then, press “Routine” (note that this used to be add Automation")

3. At the bottom of the screen, switch over to “Discover” and scroll down to the Smart Apps section and choose “Smart Lighting” (the step of switching to “Discover” is new and not evident when reading the old instructions which still appear on the Sengled site and in previous posts of this conversation. The test of the steps are the same)

4. Select “New Lighting Automation”

5. Under “Which devices do you want to control”, select the bulb(s) you want to control using the Sengled Smart Switch; then, press “Done”

6. Under “What do you want to do”, select “Mirror Behavior”, then “Done”

7. Under “Mirror which switch”, choose “Sengled Smart Switch” or whatever name you created for the Sengled Smart Switch. Then, tap “Done”

8. Press “Next”, you can create a custom name for this control, then press “Done”.

9. Now you can use your On, Off, Dim-Up, Dim-Down buttons to control your smart LED light(s).

3 Likes

Thanks, your walkthrough helped me set this up. My only additional question is that the switch is supposed to offer single press, double press, and long press functions. Is this possible to set up in smart things?

Something like a double press sets the lights to 100% brightness and a long press returns them to a set color?

Thank you for the help.

I have this same device, and the battery lasts 2 weeks max. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Having the same issue now as well.