Sengled Pantry Bulb Not Shutting off After Door Closes

I have had an Ecolink Zigbee open/close door sensor controlling a Sengled E21-N13A bulb in our pantry through Smart Lighting automation. It worked fine for a long time but suddenly the light won’t shut off 2 min after door is closed as it has been. Also if on and we opened pantry door then bulb would go off. I reset door sensor and bulb and reentered automation in SmartLighting but bulb still never turns off. I deleted the ST/SL automation and added an Alexa routine which works but the Alexa routine has a little delay before bulb turns on when door opens. I can’t figure out why ST/SL routine quit working properly. Any ideas? When I look at sensor state it shows open and closed when door is opened and closed so it doesn’t seem that sensor is sticking open. thanks

There are many users reporting issues with smart lighting for the past few days. Your best option is to switch over to Routines. Also report the issue to ST support.

smart lighting will eventually be phased out when ST stops support for groovy on their platform.

1 Like

So to be clear - when you say routines you mean switch TO Alexa routines FROM Smart Things/Smart Lighting automations?

no… ST Routines

go to Automations and click on the + and select Add Routine

1 Like

Got it. Did so using an automation and it seems to work great. This was first home automation I set up but I can’t recall why I set it up using Smart Lighting automation as opposed to ST routine! Why would one work properly and not the other?
Thanks again.

1 Like

Most likely due to hub firmware update this week but there has been no official word if that is the case.

1 Like

OK. Thanks again very much!

1 Like