Seam: Temporary Solution for Managing Lock Guest Codes (Jan 2023)

If you have a custom DTH installed in the IDE, it will be selected over an Edge driver. You must delete the custom DTH (since you can no longer edit them to remove matching fingerprints) in order to pick up an Edge driver.

I first installed the [ST EDGE] Z-Wave Lock PH - Devices & Integrations / Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community from @philh30, but when using that driver, lock code names were getting reset periodically to their defaults, similar to the stock Edge driver. With a lot of research by @philh30 and @bthrock, we’ve come to the conclusion there are bugs in the default device handlers associated with locks in the ST code library. @philh30 has a beta version of his original driver that 1) reports the code name you’ve set for the code id properly; 2) displays the code name of the code used to unlock in the device panel in the ST app; and 3) seems to prevent the periodic resetting of the lock code names to the defaults. One note, any time you change the driver, the code names will be reset because they are managed by the driver itself, not stored in the lock or the hub.

So, my recommendation is to install the Z-Wave Lock PH BETA found in the same channel that is listed in the thread I cited above.

1 Like