Schluter Ditra Heat Thermostat

Does anyone know if I can use a thermostat other than Schluter with my Schluter Ditra Heat system? I think their thermostat is substandard. Make and models for replacement would be appreciated.

I suggest you look at the Sinope TH1300ZB Zigbee Smart Floor Heating Thermostat. I have two and they work well with SmartThings. Looks like it’s a perfect match for the Schluter®-DITRA-HEAT-E-R thermostat.

These are the specs I found for the Schluter®-DITRA-HEAT-E-R thermostat:

CLASSIFICATION
The product is a Class II device (reinforced insulation) and must be
connected to the following leads:
• Phase L1 (L) 120 V
• Neutral L2 (N) 0-120 V
• Max. load 15 A (resistive load)
• The thermostat is intended to be used with underfloor heating.
Heating element in accordance with the supply voltage.
The terminals are suitable for field wiring cables of 12 to 22 AWG.
TECHNICAL DATA
Supply Range....................................................... 120/240 Vac 50/60 Hz
Load ..........................................................max. 15 A (resistive load)
Max. power at e.g. .................................................... 1800 W at 120 Vac
....................................................................... 3120 W at 208 Vac
....................................................................... 3600 W at 240 Vac
GFCI .......................................................... Class A (5 mA trip level)
Sensor ...................................................................10 K Ώ at 25 °C

Here are the specs of the Sinope TH1300ZB

Operating voltage: 120/208/240 Vac, 50/60 Hz
Maximum load:
1800 W @ 120 V / 15 A
3120 W @ 208 V / 15 A
3600 W @ 240 V / 15 A
Setpoint range: 5 °C to 36 °C (41 °F to 97 °F)
Display range: 0 °C to 50 °C (32 °F to 99 °F)
Resolution: ± 0.5 °C (± 1 °F)
Storage: -20 °C to 50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F)
Auxiliary output: 24 Vac / Vdc / 0.1 A
Compatibility: 10K Ω / 12K Ω sensors at 25 °C
Floor sensor included
3-year warranty

Thank you. I’ll show this to my contractor. It’s a bit over my head.

@joselle515, also, I assume that because you’re asking on this forum, you own a SmartThings hub and want to control the thermostat from SmartThings.

No I don’t. I basically use WiFi so I am thinking the Sinope WiFi version might work.

Yes, that’s a good option.

So this SmartThing device, does it replace a GoogleHub or something I can connect my Google to?? Now I’m intrigued.

Yes and no. SmartThings is a home automation system.
I’m not sure you’re looking to do home automation.

You led off this thread with:

What do you mean and what led you you to ask it on the SmartThings Community instead of a floor heating or HVAC forum?