Schlage Touchscreen Deadbolt Battery Life

I’ve been through three schlage camelot deadbolts (Schlage has replaced them all as defective). They all start out great, but then start burning through the batteries after a month or so. The batteries begin going dead w/in one or two weeks.

I’d love to find a solution. A hardwired option would be great at this point.

I’ve had mine for 2-3 months and I am at 99% battery.

Bought mine about 5 months now. Still at 96%.

Where do you find out battery status on the app? The tile above “activity” just has this " --"

I’d love to know this, too.

Edit: Well, I just looked again, and it is now displaying battery life. I looked earlier today, and it displayed --. Weird. I just installed it last night, so maybe it needed time to sync.

Yeah it took a while to sync for me too.

Mine last a little over a year, with an average of 4 motorized activations per day. I did have to RMA my first one has the touchscreen stopped working after a year and a half.

How was your experience with the RMA process?

How do you check your battery life on your Schlage deadbolt? I have a couple now installed using the smartthings standard app, and battery life does not show in the device panel on iOS. Below is what they look like for me (just installed them Today)

UPDATE:
After a day of use, the battery indicator on both devices works, and shows 100%. Maybe it takes a while to report the first time. Same issue that resolved itsel that all others had above.

Mine was not reporting the battery first day. Unplugged the battery and put it back. Life is good and it populated. :slight_smile: on a side note I have seen the same behavior on Fibaro motions.

1 Like

Was there ever any resolution to this issue? I just installed a Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt to the ST v2 hub two days ago. Previously it had been working find on my Staples Connect for 4 months. Yesterday at 6pm it showed a battery level of 72% then by 6am this morning it was reporting 0%.

I think @garyd9 mentioned somewhat a similar behavior…

I called Schlage today and told them about the battery issue with my Connect Touchscreen and he said it happens occasionally and immediately offered to send me a new one. The warranty is for 3 years (I didn’t even have to prove that I even owned one :wink: That’s about as good of service that I have ever seen.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me twice last year.

That’s interesting. I’ve never been told that there is a 3 year warranty. It has ALWAYS been covered under warranty…even one that I purchased off of eBay. So far I’ve received a total of 4 new locks from them. Nice thing is the new ones always come with newer firmware which seems to work better. Yes, their service is pretty darn good! Only thing I’ve ever had to provide was a serial number off of a failed one.

The same is happening to me, I have my Schlage Touchscreen Deadbolt for about 2 year and everything was fine. But early in March the Batteries died for 1st time and since then it have been dying every week and I don’t use it more that 3 times at day. Something have to be wrong

My Camelot was reporting 100 percent after about three weeks but disconnected from st and went dead a few hours later. Other than that it worked great. Battery life needs MUCH work.

I replaced the batteries and it fired right up.

I have the same battery issue with my Camelot locks as well. I agree that the Schlage service is great. I have had several of my locks replaced. Does anyone have any info if the new locks (newer firmware) do not have the battery issue?

Does anyone know how to trigger the battery notification/reporting for the schlage sense? Installed the lock about a month ago. Died today without any sign of low battery. I looked at my history in IDE and it only showed me battery notification when I replaced my battery. No other battery information for several days. I can’t see how making an alert for low battery will work if it’s not reporting more frequent battery states.

I use a webCoRE piston to check all of my battery devices once a day.

Here is the code --> t6h3

Also, are you sure your lock is lined up correctly because the batteries should last for months.