Samsung TV

I checked this 2 months ago and it wasn’t there. I got my UN65KS8500 connected to ST in 2 min. It automatically adds the “Movie Time” routine and sets the TV to turn off with “Goodbye!” and on with “I’m Back!”. It also adds functionality to change TV picture modes with different routines.

This only works w/ Smart Hub V2, it is not support on Smart Hubs V1. I have V1, I’ve been running for over 2 years now, and i have the v2 i got in the 1st release w/ the deal but i haven’t set it up, because i’m waiting for the migration tool that is coming in Dec of 2016.

Can anyone tell me how good the control is of the TV? I have a Harmony Hub I used to control my Samsung TV, is this integration better?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. It connected my UN65KS8000 TV fairly easily and nice addition to ST.

It’s sort of like playing Russian Roulette looking at all the models and the marketing of integration. Just like how I ran across the new listing in the Marketplace - accidental fat finger push looking for something else.

1 Like

Works great! Huge thanks!

Yup, exactly how I feel. I thought J series with higher number than a lower K series is better. Well it is, from a TV perspective but not from ST integration standpoint. Oops.

Hey @Tyler am I just out of luck? Or is there a slightly slight chance that J series could be included?

My 60KS8000 was added smoothly…thanks for the heads up. Still waiting for the “extend” , maybe someday

How did you use core to send a notification?

The TV is under the Control Any Device section at the bottom, then under Notification Devices. Here are some examples I was playing around with.

3 Likes

Thanks!!!

I have a UN65KU6300. I can’t seem to get ST to discover the TV. The TV and Hub are on the same network. Anyone have any ideas?

By the model # is should be good according to the support article in the marketplace. At one point, I deleted the TV as a device. I could not find it again using the marketplace search for the TV until i physically unpluged the Tv and pluged it back in to “hard boot” it. After that, it found it again.

Are you using the marketplace->samsung products->samsung smart tv to add it? It did not come up during the typical “+ Thing” procedure. The support article in the marketplace has a step by step in it.

I did this today. It added a “movie time” tile in automations routines and also added the Tv to all of the default routines. All of which I did not want. Especially changing the picture mode. So when you add the TV make sure to go through the automations and remove it from what you don’t want to avoid surprises.

I was also able to add the TV control by Google Home. So far I can tell google to turn the TV ON and OFF. It sees it as a on/off outlet. Has anyone had luck with telling it to change volume or change the channel?

My tv: 65KS8500

Has any one had issues getting past the accept part from the tv notification? I just bought the ST hub from best buy. My ST app finds the tv, starts the linking process and then gets stuck in the approval step. My tv kept asking me to approve the link.

Thanks for the reboot tip, however that didn’t seem to make any difference. It says “Discovery Started!”, but then never finds the TV. Any other ideas? I have a Harmony, so no big deal if it doesn’t work, but I would prefer to figure this out.

1 Like

@llarson and @Spurlin, Maybe see if there is a software/firmware update for the TV. :thinking:

[quote=“Spurlin, post:40, topic:10205”]
My tv kept asking me to approve the link.
[/quote] - I only had to select OK once on the TV during the setup.

You might wanna check that you are logged on to your Samsung acct on the TV.

It is. I emailed the ST support team on Sunday on they replied,

"I took a look for myself with a TV we have here for testing purposes. I was able to reproduce your experience.

I am currently, working on a solution here for you. Since it is Sunday a majority of our crew is out, but I wanted you to know that I have seen your message and I am working on this issue for you."

So at least they are working on fixing what ever is causing the issue.

Does anyone know if the J series SUHD work with ST hub ? I tried today with the discovery mode on but no luck. My TV is UN65JS9000 SUHD curve TV. This is a 2015 model. I wished it would have worked for the price i paid for this TV :slight_smile:

Anyone with the 2015 J series model have any luck in making it work. ?

Justin if he was able to reproduce your scenario then he should know how to solve it. Seems like BS.