So, I am currently paying $50 per month for professional alarm monitoring including a smoke alarm.
I have it integrated into SmartThings so I can Arm and Disarm based on my location, routines, and using Alexa and google home. But I don’t think I need professional monitoring because we have cameras and there is almost someone home all the time.
I have looked at the Samsung SmartThings ADT Wireless Home Security Starter Kit in the past because I wanted an alarm system that works seamlessly with SmartThings. It was too expensive back then but now since it looks like this is being discontinued (only $99 now!) I wondered if it’s worth it to save $600 per year in my case and have better integration.
Currently, I have a V2 hub that has all of my devices. I don’t want to have to do everything all over again and I prefer to have my hub hard wired. But I do have some specific questions before I buy:
- Can I continue to use my current hub and just add the alarm system into my current hub or must it use the hub built into the unit?
- If I cannot use my existing hub with the alarm system can I easily move everything to the alarms hub?
- Is everything compatible with a V2 hub compatible with the ADT Hub?
- Since the ADT Hub only connects via wifi (similar to V3 hub) is there any lagging compared to a wired connection?
- Can I use whatever sensors etc that connect to SmartThings if I am self-monitoring with the ADT Alarm System?
If anyone has one and can answer those questions that would be great!