Samsung Smartcam 6440BN and 6410BN integration with Smarttiles

samsung
smarttiles
cameras

(Matthew Ulm) #1

hello, I have multiple Smartcam cameras and would like to integrate them into the Smart Tiles Dashboard. As of right now i am unable to find the proper url pathway to do so. Has anyone else accomplished this? any help would be greatly appreciated

(Robin) #2

Many people have tried and failed to do this directly.

I eventually got 3nr 6440BN cameras to work on smart tiles but I had to route and repeat the streams through Blue Iris running on a spare laptop.

Bonus of this method is that you can then integrate triggers from camera motion into ST.

(Matthew Ulm) #3

That’s unfortunate, you spend all this money and can’t integrate them fully into their own system.

(Robin) #4

Smart Tiles is not a SmartThings system.

But yes, it sucks that the 6440BN cameras won’t show in the ST app as well!!

You can get image capture within ST though, just not live streaming.

I don’t mind having to use Blue Iris though, it’s a great camera server, has better triggers and even custom motion zones.

Just watch out for any scumbag neighbours!!

(Matthew Ulm) #5

hello, i recently purchased blue iris, as i am new to this i have no idea how to find my samsung cameras in the software… do you have any input for me??? any help would be greatly appreciated… thanks in advance

(Robin) #6

@Fire824

Here is a screenshot of one of my camera settings.

You need to find the IP address of each camera, this can be found by looking in your router settings page.

Camera paths in the screenshot.

(Matthew Ulm) #7

I’ve tried that, its showing error// check port,user,password

everything seems to be correct… its the user and password for my smart cam app correct?

(Matthew Ulm) #8

never mind…i figured that portion out… thanks

(Matthew Ulm) #9

promise this is the last time!!! i have got all my cameras in Blue Iris, now i followed the directions for smart tiles but camera picture will not populate, is there something I’m missing?

(David Hamilton) #10

Here’s what I have set up for my 6410, for outside access.

http://admin: PASSWORD @ OUTSIDE IP OR DNS NAME : Your Forward Port/mjpg/ Camera NAME/

(Robin) #11

I use (on local LAN):

Http://192.168.0.18:81/mjpg/cam1/video.mjpeg

Change IP and port (normally 81) to suit you configuration

Change ‘cam1’ to your camera name in BI

IP should be for the computer running BI not the camera.

(Matthew Ulm) #12

I tried the LAN option with the computer IP address but still nothing, jusy a grey screen on the smart tiles app

(Robin) #13

are you putting under generic MJPEG in smart tiles?

Also, the server security settings in BI need to be ‘non-LAN only’ and I think you need to un-check ‘secure only’

I assume you have gone through the ‘remote access wizard’ and setup your port forwarding?

(Matthew Ulm) #14

found old responses from you and figured it out… you are amazing!! thanks for all the help!

(Robin) #15

Youre welcome!

For the benefit of others, which of my old posts did you find and how did it help?

(Matthew Ulm) #16

it was a smart tiles/ blue iris post at which you stated you have to change security settings to be “non lan only”… thats a big factor, and glad this community is here with such well versed users

(Matthew Ulm) #17

why can i not view my camera feed from my microsoft surface tablet?

(Robin) #18

Are you using SmartTiles?

If yes, can you launch SmartTiles OK?

If yes, are you on your home LAN or using a mobile connection?

(Matthew Ulm) #19

yes using smart tiles and yes on my home lan with internet explorer

(Robin) #20

Maybe a browser issue???

Are you using Windows browser? Maybe install and try Chrome.

Also, try putting the raw camera path (the one specified in SmartTiles) into the browser address bar, just to check the stream itself.